RC poster

Telly Motor advice

Hey all,

I would like to upgrade my Telly's 12t titan. I would like to keep the xl5, but would like to prevent a burn out if I decide to hit the rocks for a slow crawl. Just interested in a good replacement for the motor only, that is compatible with the stock esc.

Thanks in advance,

Brad.

RC Champion
    I've got the 21t Titan in mine.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply! Do you do any crawling etc? And did you just swap out the motor and leave the stock gearing and esc?

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same setup now. I swapped in the stampede diff gears and am using 32p for the spur and pinion. For slow crawling I use a 9t (tops out at walking speed on 2s) and I have a 12 and 14 for bashing. Motor rarely gets warm. The 12t worked well with the 9t and 54t spur still got hot when crawling though. I am going o get a Chinese HW esc and use that for 3s bashing and get some speed back. The 12t pinion with 21turn motor is a decent compromise of speed and craw ability.
    HAve fun

Traxxas Employee
    The 21T might be a good option. You can gear it down quite a lot if you go with a 9/54 gear option and also swap out the ring and pinion in the diffs with those of the Stampede XL-5 4X4. For a while I had mine running a Titan Marine motor running on 3s from an old school VXL-3s which could power brushed motors. It could both creep and run about 15mph on the high end.