RC Enthusiast

Traxxas X Max VXL-8s dead

Bought a band new X maxx in the UK cost me nearly 1,000

Few runs in and ESC starts blinking all red

Tried new charged lipo's different ways of trying to get it to boot no luck

contacted Traxxas and got this responce.

If it still does not work you will need to send your VXL-8s and motor to us for repair/replacement (remove the pinion gear and any hardware). There is a 30 day warranty on all Traxxas electronics. Beyond that you can take advantage of the lifetime extended warranty (US and canada only). Under that program there is a repair charge of $110 for the speed control and $100 for the motor plus $5 shipping within the US. Shipping to Canada, Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii is $15.00.

If you have not already registered your vehicle on our web site, please do so at https://traxxas.com/register

Once you have registered respond to this e-mail with the vehicles serial number your name, phone number, address and your Zip code. I will generate an RMA number for you to send it in.
    I live in the UK shocking that i would need to spend almost 300 on shipping, "repair" and more shipping to get something "fixed" which i have had for a few weeks from brand new.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightning2 View Post
    Wow that's not right.

For that price you might as well just get the hobby wing ESC and fix your Traxxas ESC woes.
    excatly but bit of a sour pill to swallow spend a grand, no support and then basically have to repair it myself.

really bad.

Anyone who is getting an xmaxx be aware of the poor quality and 30 days "eletronic" warrenty (which i was in) but yet they still wont fix.

RC Racer
    Where did you buy it from? If you bought it from a Hobby Shop, go there and ask them as they may deal with Traxxas and it would lower your shipping costs as they may have something else to ship. You usually get better customer service in this regard when purchasing thru Hobby Shop as opposed to purchasing on-line. There are many other items i would not buy on-line as i would like to see it first or try it out or sit on it. There are pros and cons to everything, you just need to figure them out. I am currently thinking about buying a Lazy-Boy reclining Chair and i would never buy it on-line -- i will first go to warehouse/showroom and try them out first to see which model i like!
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

A great majority of the time we hear from the consumer complaining online but rarely do we hear from the other side. If you are here in the forums - or any other for that matter - the company's response is edited when quoted. Not calling you out specifically, but it seems as if there is some other information omitted as the quote starts with "If it still does not work..." - which tells me there was more information to assist in the trouble-shooting.

Secondly, since you are in the UK, obviously buying an American product will be more expensive plus more hoops to go through. Depending on the agreement between Traxxas and any importers it may be the latter's responsibility to handle warranty issues. Try talking to the importer/distributor or whomever you bought it from.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Try calling them. The people on the phone have the authority to RMA something after warranty. Just try and be respectful while you explain your utter dissatisfaction with your experience with their product. Its worth a try. I had an esc problem and I dont think they even asked when I bought it. Never sent it in though. I just bought a hobbywing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3edw View Post
    Try calling them. The people on the phone have the authority to RMA something after warranty. Just try and be respectful while you explain your utter dissatisfaction with your experience with their product. Its worth a try. I had an esc problem and I dont think they even asked when I bought it. Never sent it in though. I just bought a hobbywing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    i second this response.

My second XMAXX arrived with servo issues. After about 30 minutes on the phone with support, he validated that the issue was in fact the servo and sent me a new one at no charge to myself. I have had nothing but great experiences with Traxxas support when i call. If you email, you get automated answers. As will all companies, you will always get better service if you talk to them in person and are polite and clear.

RC Enthusiast
    I had the same problem with my 8s ESC in the first 10 seconds of running called support and they had me send it back for a new one, yeah spending 1000 and having to fix right away sucks their is definitely a ESC problem or everyone wouldn't be buying hobbywing's.

RC Enthusiast
    im in the UK so theres not really a direct contact to traxxas its done through the main import/distro units.

Contacted shop i purchased from dont want to know, told me to contact manufacture direct.

Round in circles at the moment

RC Enthusiast
    When my VXL-8 had the same problem (within one week of buying), I just had to send it to my dealer in Finland. I didn't even have to pay shipping. They handled the case with Scandinavian Traxxas importer, I think in Sweden. Then again, it took 4 months (there was 8S spare parts supply problems), but I did tell them I wasn't in a hurry since I had already ordered Max6. Still using Max6 without any problems. I suggest you just get the Max6 and be happy.