RC poster

Firmware Update not working

I have a XMaxx 8S (Upgraded with the Kit) and have the GPS Telemetry module installed. When I launch the app it shows the "update available" window. I select that, the update starts but at the very end it just stops and says "Connection Lost".

Anyone else have that problem or an idea on what I could've done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorzec View Post
    I have a XMaxx 8S (Upgraded with the Kit) and have the GPS Telemetry module installed. When I launch the app it shows the "update available" window. I select that, the update starts but at the very end it just stops and says "Connection Lost".

Anyone else have that problem or an idea on what I could've done wrong?
    I had this happen to me before, now I only update at home using wireless. I don't
    even have data turned on.

Edit: Ever have dropouts when you were on the phone..that's what happens sometimes
    using data for updating.
    Last edited by Rich2; 08-24-2017 at 08:32 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    I had this happen to me before, now I only update at home using wireless. I don't
    even have data turned on.

Edit: Ever have dropouts when you were on the phone..that's what happens sometimes
    using data for updating.

I'm updating from my phone, and with Wifi. I tried using my mobile data and that didn't work either

RC Competitor
    Try with the expander disconnected. In the early days I had to do it like that. Once RX/ESC got updated properly, I could hookup the expander again and update that as well in a new update run.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tun0nl View Post
    Try with the expander disconnected. In the early days I had to do it like that. Once RX/ESC got updated properly, I could hookup the expander again and update that as well in a new update run.
    Thanks for the tipp, I'll try it in a few days and see if it works

RC Racer
    Which way do the connectors face on the extender side. I canít get any action out of my extender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer

Itís kinda greesey I used to seal the seals up good. All I had was axel grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk