Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

spur gears for ford gt

has anyone had success in finding sutiable substitutes for spur gears that will fit without problem for 4tec brushless i tried redcat spur gear 55t and it didnt work guys i need help

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-65-tooth-spur!!

Still can't seem to locate the VXL 55 tooth version part number 8358. Kind of disappointed with parts availability from Traxxas for the 4t 2.0.
    Still staying brushed until I know I can locate the parts like the driveshaft and spur for the VXL version.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-65-tooth-spur!!

Still can't seem to locate the VXL 55 tooth version part number 8358. Kind of disappointed with parts availability from Traxxas for the 4t 2.0.
    Still staying brushed until I know I can locate the parts like the driveshaft and spur for the VXL version.
    Agree, I'm a little disappointed with them as well. I emailed support with the part numbers a member supplied in a thread here(55t spur/35t pinion) and asked when they would be available. They replied stating I had the correct numbers and that they were not available yet. Gee thanks for that answer!!???
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    I got the valterra 65t spur and it is not a drop in fit....takes a bit of fabrication to fit correctly....its also much narrower than the stock 70t gear so it might strip easier.

On 28/70 gear with the velineon 3500 3s my GT hits 50mph. It still spins the tires something fierce right off the line too....given the torque of the 3500 motor....I think taller gearing will accelerate faster due to less wheelspin.

Whats interesting is looking at my telemetry data in .1 second intervals I am hitting 0-50mph in around 3-3.2 seconds and my lowest voltage reading is between 13-20mph when the tires finally stop spinning and hook up....

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Agree, I'm a little disappointed with them as well. I emailed support with the part numbers a member supplied in a thread here(55t spur/35t pinion) and asked when they would be available. They replied stating I had the correct numbers and that they were not available yet. Gee thanks for that answer!!???
    Guess we just have to wait for Traxxas to release parts or find one of the ebay "chop shops" to start listing them.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Competitor
    Dcuda69 i found that robinson racing has a 35t pinion #2035 but do more research first i have the pinion card still i will send you the number i have. Dont get a 55t spur gear from redcat i tried it is not the right pitch SO good luck!
    Last edited by Guitarman1984; 08-27-2017 at 09:25 PM.

RC Competitor
    Dcuda69 i found the pinion gear card from robinson racing number is 1335 hope this helps you

RC Competitor
    thankyou Xmaxx209 for your testing to show me what my gt could do but my car crashed and lost a dog bone shaft what 3s are you using the traxxas brand 3s i hope to get one this week myself

RC Competitor
    robinson racing has a 35t pinion part number 1335 that would fit vxl shaft hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman1984 View Post
    Dcuda69 i found the pinion gear card from robinson racing number is 1335 hope this helps you
    Thanks! I think I stumbled across that doing a search one day(is it a 3mm shaft?) but it's not much help without the 55t spur. I'm not sure it's possible to mesh the 35t with the 70t or is it?
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    i agree that when traxxas brought out ford gt they should have had all accessaries done first that part was bad business on their part now i see the mustang body is availiable now a short step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman1984 View Post
    i agree that when traxxas brought out ford gt they should have had all accessaries done first that part was bad business on their part now i see the mustang body is availiable now a short step in the right direction
    While both the bodies are really sweet they are also really pricey. You can mount a lot of less expensive bodies on the chassis that are readily available. Think as far as from Traxxas the demand is more for the things us non VXL owners need like the spurs/pinion gears and maybe the driveshaft.
    Again the new popular thing is still got to be the TRX4. If you check for that the optional gears are already available.
    I am pretty sure sales of TRX4s is greater than the N4t2 so Traxxas is putting its priority on the more popular seller.
    Personally I will rethink jumping out and buying a new product of theirs in the future until I see it has better parts availability.
    I am not running my GT as much as I would like and when i do I baby it because I am afraid of being stuck with a broken car.
    Sucks but it is what it is and we just have to all wait (im)patiently.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

I agree....I haven't run mine much either. Mainly because I want this to be my speed runner. Not really going for triple digits but I still want to lean on it with a 3s and some steep gears. Don't get me wrong...it's fun on 2s but my main reason for buying it was to make it a fast on-road car. I have my Slash and Rustler for bashing.

Someone in another thread said he bought the VXL version just for the spur gear. If that's the case the gear is out there and Traxxas should be able to make available to the rest of us. What happens if someone strips out the gear on their VXL??

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...473-Spur-gears
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier

Here is the 55t spur installed with a 37t pinion. I got a 42t to fit the motor mount but not into the chassis. I will need to deemed it. The 37t fit fine in the chassis but I had to shave a little off the top of the gear cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post

Here is the 55t spur installed with a 37t pinion. I got a 42t to fit the motor mount but not into the chassis. I will need to deemed it. The 37t fit fine in the chassis but I had to shave a little off the top of the gear cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's awesome! I'm still a little confused. You bought the VXL chassis 83076-4? If I look at the exploded views for that it shows the 70t spur with no options however the parts list shows the 55t spur that you have? That spur seems to be a unicorn...everyone knows about it but you seem to be the only one who has one? They ship it as optional gearing with the VXL yet it's not available as a service part? What happens if you strip yours?(not wishing any bad luck on ya...lol) There are no replacements? Strange. Looking forward to hearing about your runs with that set-up....looks like you're doing something along the lines of what I have in mind! Good luck!!!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Yes I bought the vxl mostly for the spur. The unavailability is mainly why I am slow to run it. Hot racing has a metal 70t spur, so maybe they will hook us up with a 55t.
    I am a bit confused why they are making it so hard to get the vxl parts. Adjustable turnbuckle, Steel center shaft and fancy blue servo saver would be hot items...

Yes I bought the vxl mostly for the spur. The unavailability is mainly why I am slow to run it. Hot racing has a metal 70t spur, so maybe they will hook us up with a 55t.
    I am a bit confused why they are making it so hard to get the vxl parts. Adjustable turnbuckle, Steel center shaft and fancy blue servo saver would be hot items...
    O/T....just saw your location as Houston. I hope all is well with you and yours....what a mess!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    my house made it with no issues. things are not nearly as bad as the news makes it look. there are many places that were badly flooded, but there were many others that were not. most of the issues we are dealing with now are because people build houses in a reservoir. Houston was designed to flood, and pass the water along to the gulf. most of the flood waters downtown are gone. some rivers are still rising, and the reservoir is also still rising, but they should crest today. all long as the levees hold, we will be ok. it will take over a month for the reservoir to go down though. i feel bad for those whose homes flooded. one of my coworkers lives in the city near the bayou and his house has flooded 3 years in a row.
    thanks for all the love though.

my house made it with no issues. things are not nearly as bad as the news makes it look. there are many places that were badly flooded, but there were many others that were not. most of the issues we are dealing with now are because people build houses in a reservoir. Houston was designed to flood, and pass the water along to the gulf. most of the flood waters downtown are gone. some rivers are still rising, and the reservoir is also still rising, but they should crest today. all long as the levees hold, we will be ok. it will take over a month for the reservoir to go down though. i feel bad for those whose homes flooded. one of my coworkers lives in the city near the bayou and his house has flooded 3 years in a row.
    thanks for all the love though.
    Glad you haven't had any major issues. A lot of people in your state have been severely impacted by the storm and its flooding. Dealt with the flooding from Sandy so I know how much it sucks to deal with.

On another note I emailed Traxxas support and the response I got was this:
    "The gear should be available soon. Unfortunately I do not have a specific date on that or any other accessory parts. It always takes a while to get all the accessory items out on new vehicles and this one is still very new."
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Glad you haven't had any major issues. A lot of people in your state have been severely impacted by the storm and its flooding. Dealt with the flooding from Sandy so I know how much it sucks to deal with.

On another note I emailed Traxxas support and the response I got was this:
    "The gear should be available soon. Unfortunately I do not have a specific date on that or any other accessory parts. It always takes a while to get all the accessory items out on new vehicles and this one is still very new."
    That's about the same response I got from them(see post #3) Doesn't make sense. It's not really an accessory item...they already have it and package it with the VXL model. No new part,no new part number......just make it available to the rest of us! Kinda silly really.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    i finally got two traxxas 55t spur hey people better grab them up better they are gone
    if you wanna go brushless and 70mph

RC Qualifier
    you are the man!! i just ordered 3 from this site. woohooo!!!

Anyone try to order the 35t pinion to go with it? Everytime I try to "buy" that gear the page just goes white and kinda flashes and never says it's added to my cart? I've tried two different browsers as well. This is killing me!! I got 2 spurs in my cart and need to add the pinion!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    robinson racing has a 35 tooth pinion and it is the correct pitch too i havent seen the 35t pinion from traxxas yet did you find a part number from traxxas
    Last edited by Guitarman1984; 09-12-2017 at 03:34 PM.

I did! 2435 is the number and it shows when doing a search...just can't seem to get it into my cart! Didn't want to make a separate $5 purchase from another vendor
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Well I dug through my spare parts and managed to dig up a 34t 3mm 48p pinion. Not really sure why I had it, my Rustler would be the only other place for it and I switched that to 32p a while back. Oh well according to the gear chart that'll work with the 55t spurs. So....spurs on the way! Hate paying $5 to ship $6 worth of parts though! I'll run it on 2s for giggles and when SMC has the 3s pack that'll fit in stock I'll order that up as well.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the spurs being available!!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Thanks for heads up.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC poster
    It looks like its worth a shot..... I think im gonna go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    i bought this the redcat brand 55t spur and it will not fit i tried i think the spur is a different pitch or something traxxas has finally got there 55t spur grad them up before they are gone

RC Qualifier
    Yea I am waiting on The TRAXXAS Spur gear myself I shredded the stock Spur after installing a Castel system had the motor screws in the same holes as the org titan 12 & really stripped the **** out of the spur. I called A-Main Hobbies & another online hobby shop both said there out of stock on the spur gear & should have then in stock in about a week or so. I told both online HS to shoot me an e-mail when they come back in stock

Read Guitarman's post carefully! Traxxas has the 55t spur available...8358. $3 each. I grabbed 2 on Tuesday. Get them before they're gone again!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Read Guitarman's post carefully! Traxxas has the 55t spur available...8358. $3 each. I grabbed 2 on Tuesday. Get them before they're gone again!
    Nope I just checked the parts section OUT OF STOCK so much for getting my hopes up.....

Odd. I was just able to put one in my cart? I searched from the model showroom main page. 8358.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

They are gone already.. wish I saw the posts. I would have jumped on a couple myself.
    Found 3 on ebay.. none in the states though. Guess the waiting begins again

Looks like the blue aluminum and steel drive shafts are in stock though.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

They are gone already.. wish I saw the posts. I would have jumped on a couple myself.
    Found 3 on ebay.. none in the states though. Guess the waiting begins again

Looks like the blue aluminum and steel drive shafts are in stock though.
    8358 is in stock. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8358
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC poster
    Tried ordering a couple but they don't ship to Canada....

Anyone want to order a pair and mail them to me? I'll PayPal in advance of course

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    YES!!!! Just ordered a couple. =D
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Ordered mine on the 12th....got them today! Time for a little wrenching!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    I ordered my 55 tooth today.....will have it Thursday,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast