Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    The largest battery i've got is by VANT, 3s 7600mah 75c/150c lipo.... used it for well over an hour with traxxas OBA going full blast, off and on running it on pavement at a local RC event, and it still had juice to spare, color me impressed.
    Nice. That's a long time to be tooling around

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I have only 2 3S batteries. They are the uber cheap Floureon. They've been fantastic. I don't care what anyone says. When I stepped up to 4 and 6S I went with SMC. They haven't disappointed either.
    I think that will be my go to battery next time, seeing they are about half of what the traxxas batteries cost.
    Last edited by lektro; 09-02-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    First of all I can't believe you have 3S and have never run them. Second it'll surprise you how much more power and speed you'll have.
    I know Grip! Pretty sad eh. I have four and have not used yet. Maybe I will try one in the rusty to see what kind of speed i get. Please tell. Will the vxl take over 25c seeing that is what is recommended. The electronics is one thing I have not mastered yet. Guess i have some homework to do!
    Last edited by lektro; 09-02-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    I know Grip! Pretty sad eh. I have four and have not used yet. Maybe I will try one in the rusty to see what kind of speed i get. Please tell. Will the vxl take over 25c seeing that is what is recommended. The electronics is one thing I have not mastered yet. Guess i have some homework to do!
    Yes it will. You're good.

RC Racer

I noticed some grease on the left rear axle where the half shaft goes in. Is this normal or do I need to take it apart and replace the o-ring and bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its normal, but thats traxxas o-rings for you... there are better aftermarket ones available, someone else had posted elsewhere a few months ago as where to get them, hopefully they will see this and post the website.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Looks like a fun setup!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Its normal, but thats traxxas o-rings for you... there are better aftermarket ones available, someone else had posted elsewhere a few months ago as where to get them, hopefully they will see this and post the website.
    Yes I would be interesting in knowing if a better oring is available. At least it's nothing I have to fix right away.
    Funny the rear left axle seal in my Wrangler went and started leaking a few months back and I upgraded to Chromoly axle shafts with pressed in bearing and seal. Has a lifetime warranty too! Same principle. It breaks, upgrade it.

RC Racer
    Changed out the slip bearing adapter with the blue aluminum part, and put on the blue aluminum shock caps. While I was in there, did a little spot cleaning. I took it to the beach on Lake Erie. Man was that fun and the kids all around as well as adults got a kick out of it. Also took it to the baseball diamond.
    Gave her a careful wash in the sink with the sprayer. Let it dry by a fan and dehumidifier.
    Used a paint brush with PB Blaster on the screw heads as a rust preventative.
    Also used some silicone spray to coat the plastic, so it sheds water and dirt easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    Changed out the slip bearing adapter with the blue aluminum part, and put on the blue aluminum shock caps. While I was in there, did a little spot cleaning. I took it to the beach on Lake Erie. Man was that fun and the kids all around as well as adults got a kick out of it. Also took it to the baseball diamond.
    Gave her a careful wash in the sink with the sprayer. Let it dry by a fan and dehumidifier.
    Used a paint brush with PB Blaster on the screw heads as a rust preventative.
    Also used some silicone spray to coat the plastic, so it sheds water and dirt easier.

Great to hear you are having a good time with your p4de..Running her on the beach reminds me when I use to wear birdwells at the beach forty years ago......Gritty
    Choose Life !!!

Yes I would be interesting in knowing if a better oring is available. At least it's nothing I have to fix right away.
    Funny the rear left axle seal in my Wrangler went and started leaking a few months back and I upgraded to Chromoly axle shafts with pressed in bearing and seal. Has a lifetime warranty too! Same principle. It breaks, upgrade it.

These should be it, i beleive BRIBER has used them with good success....

Link - http://store.leadingedgemachining.ne...-p/lem-102.htm
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Racer

Very cool, thank you!

RC Racer
    Since replacing the slipper clutch bearing and adapter she seems a little more torquey than before with starts and stops. I tightened the nut and then loosened a half turn. Hope I did good lol

Half a turn out from bottoming the nut is good, everyone sets theirs differently even though traxxas recomends one turn out... for me, i went just 1/4 turn out, works well for my taste.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Racer
    Half a turn out from bottoming the nut is good, everyone sets theirs differently even though traxxas recomends one turn out... for me, i went just 1/4 turn out, works well for my taste.
    Awesome. Since Traxxas did a full turn, probably why it seems a little different

You could say... its the conservitive side of traxxas to recommend just one turn out.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Dont allow to much slippage or much heat will be generated and heat is aluminum worst enemy. If you did revo slipper upgrade id set it tighter, if stock pads are used set it looser.
    Yes the lem orings are fantastic. Running in xo1 diffs for a very long time and no leaks and still in excellent condition.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Dont allow to much slippage or much heat will be generated and heat is aluminum worst enemy. If you did revo slipper upgrade id set it tighter, if stock pads are used set it looser.
    Yes the lem orings are fantastic. Running in xo1 diffs for a very long time and no leaks and still in excellent condition.

I did a half turn. Hope that's not too loose

I did a half turn. Hope that's not too loose

Idk either lol, I ran 1/8 to 1/4 turn out, but eventually went to fully tight or slipper eliminator.

RC Racer

I noticed some grease on the left rear axle where the half shaft goes in. Is this normal or do I need to take it apart and replace the o-ring and bearing.

Or you could buy them HERE.
    Costs almost the same, but you get a tiny bit more o-rings

And yes, they are exactly the same o-rings as LEM's...
    Perfect fit, and good shipping time (took about 10 days from China to Belgium)

Grtz,

Degake
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

Quote Originally Posted by degake View Post
    Or you could buy them HERE.
    Costs almost the same, but you get a tiny bit more o-rings

And yes, they are exactly the same o-rings as LEM's...
    Perfect fit, and good shipping time (took about 10 days from China to Belgium)

Grtz,

Degake
    No disrespect Degake! Aqualungs, if you are from the USA. You are much better to buy USA....Just sayin!
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Idk either lol, I ran 1/8 to 1/4 turn out, but eventually went to fully tight or slipper eliminator.

Briber! Will that work on the stock slipper? Where did you get it if so?
    Choose Life !!!

That is normal. There is grease inside bulkhead on pinion and ring gear on differential. There is just a bearing there where the two halves of the case come together. The grease works it way out over time. Thats nothing to worry about. The diff inside the casing has diff fluid which is more runny and its in a sealed diff with orings. Being a new truck its unlikely that diff seals are bad and diff fluid is running out. Just wipe it off and keep on trucking. If a runny fluid comes out and starts coating and running down arms then Id be alarmed and pull diff, buy the orange silicone seals(lem or other, where ever is convenient for ya) and rebuild diff. I use and stand behind lem, bought em once, installed inside diff and havent had a need to buy/replace them yet...
    Briber! Will that work on the stock slipper? Where did you get it if so?
    Just google slipper eliminator and bunches come up. Since a lot of trx slipper shafts are the same yes it works across multiple platforms. Basically put pin in shaft, slide that on, put spring and bearing adapter on and tighten nut to hold that against pin just like stock slipper. Then screw spur to that. Easy peasy.

Last edited by Briber; 09-12-2017 at 07:59 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the heads up guys. Yes I'm In the US and try to buy US.
    I went to the baseball diamond today. Now I know why you all talk about needing 3s lol.

RC Racer

Aqualungs New Stampede 4x4 VXL Build

I donít know how I didnít post updates or pics on my build this summer
    anyhoo the Stampede is well over a year and a half old and I tore up those talon tires. Glued em a few times and finally replaced them with Mashers. My body was trashed also so I picked up a Proline 72 Chevy body and did my first paint job. So hereís some pics. Bye this body is taking some punishment. I lined it with drywall tape and shoo goo followed by a coat of Bedliner. Also while body painting, the slipper clutch was trashed so I did the Revo slipper upgrade and a new spur gear.

Last edited by Aqualungs; 10-27-2018 at 08:40 AM.

RC Racer

Aqualungs New Stampede 4x4 VXL Build

Also did an RPM bumper to help protect the the A Arms. What a difference. The new slipper clutch setup is awesome. I shredded my body mounts a little on a test run wheelie.

RC Racer
    So yesterday these STRC parts went on clearance. Iím building a Slash 2wd, but I couldnít resist. I have two bent shock posts and a broke front yoke. I need my Stampede to get me through til spring. Thatís when I anticipate the Slash will be finished and I will garage the Stampede to redo the diffs. No wonder you guys have multiple trucks. Right now I only have a boat that is ready to go.. too cold. No better time to upgrade. Will have before and after pics soon!
    The steering knuckles were still regular price though.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Finally got all the upgrades completed and put her back together. Picked up a set of Blue VG Racing springs and also a new set of front driveshafts that I broke. Canít wait to take her out for a spin tomorrow, itís been out of commission way too long.

RC Racer
    Before and after pic of steering rebuild

RC Racer
    Shock spring before and after

RC poster

Got enough juice

Nice Briber! I think you need one more charger and about 5 more batteries and you should be good to go.
    Your probably gone for days with all those batteries

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks great. I like your choices

RC poster
    Shock spring before and after

How do you like these VG Racing springs? Your post made me order a set just now..lol

RC Racer
    So far I like the lm on the street. It keeps the tires planted on the pavement. Off road they seem good too, other than it seemed like I tipped over a bit more on turns sometimes, but I could have been hitting them too hard lol.

RC poster
    So far I like the lm on the street. It keeps the tires planted on the pavement. Off road they seem good too, other than it seemed like I tipped over a bit more on turns sometimes, but I could have been hitting them too hard lol.

Sweet keep up the pics and updates .

RC Racer
    Welp a little too much sand from the beach area of Lake Erie. Something seized and the spur heat is toast. Looks shredded. Broke it down, motor is fine, slipper clutch and bearing are fine. Maybe it just wore down and stripped. It was starting to get loud. The plastic motor mount is shot and time to replace with a King Headz.
    Anyways time to rebuild the diffs and other maintenance. Gonna take apart other parts and clean. Already hosed it down with WD40. So hereís the plan:
    -Rebuild diffs with 30wt front and 70wt rear. Lithium grease outsides and new Boca Bearina
    - Hot Racing Differential
    -Tekno Center Driveshaft (just replaced front with Tekno shafts.. they are awesome. MIPS are still on the rear
    -King Headz motor mount

Any suggestions or help are welcome! Let the rebuild begin.

RC Racer

The Robinson Racing Brass Bushing handles heat well and is longer for the larger bearing in the King headz motor mount.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Ra...53.m1438.l2649

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The Robinson Racing Brass Bushing handles heat well and is longer for the larger bearing in the King headz motor mount.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Ra...53.m1438.l2649
    Nice I have the Traxxas aluminum one for the slipper clutch. Does that replace this? I actually was going to replace the slipper clutch with the Hot Racing Differential.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast