Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    LOL I guess it should be ripe by the time it gets here ya think!
    We shall see

Oh no he broke out the santa! Lol. If you dye the chassis black the high bodies dont look so bad. Plus it retains that big truck look. Just throwing out another option vs lowering body.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier

Aqualungs New Stampede 4x4 VXL Build

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Oh no he broke out the santa! Lol. If you dye the chassis black the high bodies dont look so bad. Plus it retains that big truck look. Just throwing out another option vs lowering body.

They definitely look better in person, and I do like the big truck look. I want that 72 Chevy body, so I'll eventually get the Proline kit.

This thing is so cool! I got one in the 80s for Christmas. It broke really quick.

Thank god I have something fun to do. My back is all messed up and I haven't been able to do much other that walk, Rehab, TV, and PS4. Jeeping and biking are off limits. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    They definitely look better in person, and I do like the big truck look. I want that 72 Chevy body, so I'll eventually get the Proline kit.

This thing is so cool! I got one in the 80s for Christmas. It broke really quick.

Thank god I have something fun to do. My back is all messed up and I haven't been able to do much other that walk, Rehab, TV, and PS4. Jeeping and biking are off limits. .

Looks like you have the makings of a sweet shop.

RC Qualifier
    No doubt! I have my first breakage. Not sure if it was already cracked by over torquing the screw or those few head on bumps I did by accident on my test run. The clear cover over the driveshaft is cracked right where the screw head is.

With a dab of super glue, you'll be good as new.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Qualifier

I put a dab of silicone sealant in there. Good to go!
    I ran her last night for about 25 min on 50%, with a break in between. There was a ton of charge left. I just storage charged it when I was done. Should I have just left it charged since I was going to use it again?
    I'm waiting on my lipo bags, so I charged the battery in a metal ammo box in the basement. I have read some heavy paranoia stories with these batteries, but what I recall from reputable care sheets, is that if something happened it would be while charging.
    For now I'm storing them in the basement in an ammo can with the lid cracked. Its about 70 degrees and 45% humidity.
    I have read a lot and still a little perplexed with safety. Any extra pointers or good reads beyond what you all have provided would be awesome.

Storage charge is a "better safe than sorry" deal... plans change, you could have put aside that 50% charged lipo thinking you were going to use it in a day or two, but then it turns into a month or more, so you did good when it comes to properly using the battery so it will last you as intended.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    Storage charge is a "better safe than sorry" deal... plans change, you could have put aside that 50% charged lipo thinking you were going to use it in a day or two, but then it turns into a month or more, so you did good when it comes to properly using the battery so it will last you as intended.
    Perfect, so I did right. I did the storage charge last night, and then balanced charged this morning. Doesn't take that long. Thanks

No doubt! I have my first breakage. Not sure if it was already cracked by over torquing the screw or those few head on bumps I did by accident on my test run. The clear cover over the driveshaft is cracked right where the screw head is.

That probably came from the factory that way. haha mine did. Too much torque at the factory. Take a pic and send to Traxxas. They will send you another. They sent me a new one,got here in 2 days. I guess so quick, cause I made sure they saw my truck torn down and would be waiting on it. Was not quite that bad though.
    Think I might superglue a washer under it so it does not happen again.. Any way you can tighten er up, do it..........Just like you can tighten up that center drive shaft.....
    Last edited by lektro; 08-31-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Briber! He must of been in a good mood. That is his favorite emoji....
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    That probably came from the factory that way. haha mine did. Too much torque at the factory. Take a pic and send to Traxxas. They will send you another. They sent me a new one,got here in 2 days. I guess so quick, cause I made sure they saw my truck torn down and would be waiting on it. Was not quite that bad though.
    Think I might superglue a washer under it so it does not happen again.. Any way you can tighten er up, do it..........Just like you can tighten up that center drive shaft.....
    Nice, I will have to send them a message. Man the 7200 mah lasts a long time in 50% esc mode. Tomorrow I will be going to a baseball diamond and open her up a bit.
    My dogs are pretty pooped from chasing this truck around the yard. I've never seen them run so much lol!!

Nice, I will have to send them a message. Man the 7200 mah lasts a long time in 50% esc mode. Tomorrow I will be going to a baseball diamond and open her up a bit.
    My dogs are pretty pooped from chasing this truck around the yard. I've never seen them run so much lol!!

Well It has been that way for the 62 years, I have been on this planet. They love to chase cars and trucks. Didn't take me but 3 runs with the stock 3600 mah, to switch to the 5800 lipo. On My Rusty. Cant wait to get my 8400's in the p4de!

That will be the maiden voyage for mine. Taking out to a baseball field. See if I can get some small air from the pitchers mound.

One of my few upgrades. Don't everyone get all crazy on me now...The is an Integy motor plate and mount. Fits perfect and adjusting the gears is a breeze. Had one small problem. The end cap is made for a three pole motor. Won't fit at the moment. It will though after I get done with it.... I remember someone saying Integy was made of cast aluminum. Its not!

Last edited by lektro; 08-31-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Well It has been that way for the 62 years, I have been on this planet. They love to chase cars and trucks. Didn't take me but 3 runs with the stock 3600 mah, to switch to the 5800 lipo. On My Rusty. Cant wait to get my 8400's in the p4de!

That will be the maiden voyage for mine. Taking out to a baseball field. See if I can get some small air from the pitchers mound.

Haha nice! I setup a temp cardboard ramp for the fun of it. I'm going to add the front lightbar tomorrow. I like driving at night and for 15$ and nice mod. I think my battery can handle giving up a little extra juice.

The 2s 7200 SMC batteries balanced charged to 4200 mv per cell. Their instructions stated that as the max. So maybe they underrated the battery maybe?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

https://youtu.be/vtIQsAcmZFY
    Here's mine on the diamond. My son was driving. This was with the Tekno driveshafts and center shaft

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Very nice Gripdog! Definitely heading to the baseball diamond tomorrow.
    Added the cooling fan. Tomorrow I'm adding the light bar.

RC Qualifier

And some stock photos while she still new looking.

Proline body mounts are on their way. 72 Chevy body soon to come.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The pede is fun. They sure can take a beating. Enjoy

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    The pede is fun. They sure can take a beating. Enjoy
    Yea I'm having way too much fun. a lot cheaper and easier than Jeep parts. I installed bumper lights. Waiting for the sun to fall. Lol!

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea I'm having way too much fun. a lot cheaper and easier than Jeep parts. I installed bumper lights. Waiting for the sun to fall. Lol!

Cool man. Get it dirty.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-02-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: modified quote

RC Qualifier
    I had it coated in grass and some weird orange spores from my lawn. Yes need dirt.

RC Qualifier
    Driving under big brother

Pretty Cool Stuff there Aqualungs...Looks like about 500 Lumens maybe more. Well, so much for my slow upgrades. Just bought the MIP XDuty front and rear drive shafts. Pfft..Couldn't help it! I got the fever.......If I don't break the stockers! I ain't runnin er hard enough eh? Will be hitting the diamond Sunday........Yeee hawww
    Choose Life !!!

Take the clear plastic cover off. I did within... oh... 2 or 3 weeks on my first p4de. After that they got taken off right away on other 2 p4des when i got em. Debris would get stuck in there and grind on driveshaft all the time, plus you can adjust slipper without messing with stupid cover each time. You will need to adjust slipper within month or two from purchase. I did within a few weeks i ran it so much.

Lipos arent that dangerous if treated correctly. Ive been in the hobby for 2yrs and keep them stored on my desk. I charge in lipo bags on desk next to charger. Ummm those taped ones, aint taped to look cool. Lol. They were in some bad accidents and split case/ripped off balance lead (just soldered back on). One thing with lipos is it usually takes about 10 charge cycles for batt to reach optimal performance. During that time you shouldnt artificially cycle them. They need to be discharged under normal operating conditions. So while they are new, my best advise is to try and run down in rc vs. using charger to bring down to storage voltage. Once broken in I agree 100% when done running storage charge them. Ive done that to many times where I ment to run tomorrow and weather or life caused it to be day or two later. Hate doing that to lipos!

Nothing wrong with ultra shocks. The right piston, oil, springs and aluminum caps(tuning them for what you want) can provide great performance. Gtrs are good too and pretty inexpensive as stated, top of the line-D8's they are the best but pricey...

Last edited by Briber; 09-01-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Pretty Cool Stuff there Aqualungs...Looks like about 500 Lumens maybe more. Well, so much for my slow upgrades. Just bought the MIP XDuty front and rear drive shafts. Pfft..Couldn't help it! I got the fever.......If I don't break the stockers! I ain't runnin er hard enough eh? Will be hitting the diamond Sunday........Yeee hawww
    Haha nice! I finally took it off training mode. Man is this thing fast. I have to do the slipper shaft upgrade and maybe the Revo slipper clutch and plate. I'll be done for a while... maybe.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Take the clear plastic cover off. I did within... oh... 2 or 3 weeks on my first p4de. After that they got taken off right away on other 2 p4des when i got em. Debris would get stuck in there and grind on driveshaft all the time, plus you can adjust slipper without messing with stupid cover each time. You will need to adjust slipper within month or two from purchase. I did within a few weeks i ran it so much.

Lipos arent that dangerous if treated correctly. Ive been in the hobby for 2yrs and keep them stored on my desk. I charge in lipo bags on desk next to charger. Ummm those taped ones, aint taped to look cool. Lol. They were in some bad accidents and split case/ripped off balance lead (just soldered back on). One thing with lipos is it usually takes about 10 charge cycles for batt to reach optimal performance. During that time you shouldnt artificially cycle them. They need to be discharged under normal operating conditions. So while they are new, my best advise is to try and run down in rc vs. using charger to bring down to storage voltage. Once broken in I agree 100% when done running storage charge them. Ive done that to many times where I ment to run tomorrow and weather or life caused it to be day or two later. Hate doing that to lipos!

Nothing wrong with ultra shocks. The right piston, oil, springs and aluminum caps(tuning them for what you want) can provide great performance. Gtrs are good too and pretty inexpensive as stated, top of the line-D8's they are the best but pricey...

Now that I've had some exposure to lipos, I'm feeling alright. I have yet to run the 7200 lipo down. Lol. The added fan and lights may help.

Now that I've had some exposure to lipos, I'm feeling alright. I have yet to run the 7200 lipo down. Lol. The added fan and lights may help.

Nice Briber! I think you need one more charger and about 5 more batteries and you should be good to go.
    Choose Life !!!

Haha nice! I finally took it off training mode. Man is this thing fast. I have to do the slipper shaft upgrade and maybe the Revo slipper clutch and plate. I'll be done for a while... maybe.

Who are you trying to tell you will be done for a while.. That's funny! I say that all the time. Once you start there is no turning back....lol
    Choose Life !!!

Lipos may be intimidating at first... but once you switch over from Ni-Mh, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner. Yahoo!
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    Lipos may be intimidating at first... but once you switch over from Ni-Mh, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner. Yahoo!
    Isn't that the truth! I did it after my third run with my Rusty. Will be all my p4de uses.
    Last edited by lektro; 09-02-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

I went to using LIPO batteries right away after converting to a brushless setup on my p4de(xl5)... mainly because i already had experience from my very first purchased as brushless vehicle, the ExceedRC InfinitiveEP 4x4 truck, a now retired shelf queen.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Isn't that the truth! I did it after my third run with my Rusty. Will be all my p4de uses.
    I only ran mine once on nimh, was close enough to the LHS to get a charger and lipo, 10 minutes later. Never looked back.

RC Qualifier
    Now that I have Lipo bags and a spot in the basement by concrete I feel fine. After turning the esc on full last night, I'm glad I went lipo. And the fact I'm actually having a hard time running down the 7200 mah battery. That's a good problem to have lol.

I only ran mine once on nimh, was close enough to the LHS to get a charger and lipo, 10 minutes later. Never looked back.
    I still haven't run a 3s yet. I have 2 11.1v 6400s and 2 11.1v 8400s. I am working on that though....The 2s 7.4v 5800's have been very very good to me and the rusty. I am thinking the p4de will like the 3s.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Yea the 2s is good for now. Getting wheely popping down. I nailed my brothers ankle and a bush lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I still haven't run a 3s yet. I have 2 11.1v 6400s and 2 11.1v 8400s. I am working on that though....The 2s 7.4v 5800's have been very very good to me and the rusty. I am thinking the p4de will like the 3s.
    First of all I can't believe you have 3S and have never run them. Second it'll surprise you how much more power and speed you'll have.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have only 2 3S batteries. They are the uber cheap Floureon. They've been fantastic. I don't care what anyone says. When I stepped up to 4 and 6S I went with SMC. They haven't disappointed either.

RC Qualifier
    I have only 2 3S batteries. They are the uber cheap Floureon. They've been fantastic. I don't care what anyone says. When I stepped up to 4 and 6S I went with SMC. They haven't disappointed either.
    Nice! Well I finally used up the SMC 7200 2s. Truck motor stopped like it was supposed to. I have another charged. Now that I'm running the esc at 100%, I'll love how much time I get.

The largest battery i've got is by VANT, 3s 7600mah 75c/150c lipo.... used it for well over an hour with traxxas OBA going full blast, off and on running it on pavement at a local RC event, and it still had juice to spare, color me impressed.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast