RC poster

Converting from Deegan Rally to Slash

Hey guys, I am wanting to convert my Deegan Rally to a Slash 4x4. Do you know what parts must be swapped in order to make it a slash? The rally already has the LCG chassis. I attempted to use the exploded parts view online but they seem to show nearly the same parts for all the versions of the slash and I ended up with a few incorrect parts.

Unless I am mistaken, it looks like it might only be body mounts, bumpers, and wheels. That seems too easy though.
    Last edited by cwitty88; 08-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.

you will need front bumper, rear bumper, body mounts front and rear, body, turnbuckles, and some 2.2/3.0 SCT tires. yep. it's too easy.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    you will need front bumper, rear bumper, body mounts front and rear, body, turnbuckles, and some 2.2/3.0 SCT tires. yep. it's too easy.
    Awesome. Thanks. Do I need to replace A-arms or am I good with the rally arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your good.

Rally slash to slash. I bought used so I don't have rally bumpers. But you will need those mounts. It's fun to have both car and truck

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

RC poster
    Thatís kinda my thought, depending on what I want to do I can switch it up. I was jumping stuff with the rally but ended up destroying the body and quite a few parts. Hoping the slash will handle a bit better since itís higher and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cwitty88 View Post
    Hey guys, I am wanting to convert my Deegan Rally to a Slash 4x4. Do you know what parts must be swapped in order to make it a slash? The rally already has the LCG chassis. I attempted to use the exploded parts view online but they seem to show nearly the same parts for all the versions of the slash and I ended up with a few incorrect parts.

Unless I am mistaken, it looks like it might only be body mounts, bumpers, and wheels. That seems too easy though.
    If I'm not mistaken the Deegan rally has shorter A arms. I am almost positive that you will need to get some from the Slash 4x4. Also I don't believe that the Deegan rally has adjustable turnbuckles. You may want to replace those also.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    I went to my local hobby store and was comparing and it definitely looked a bit longer and had different mounting holes. For the price I may as well pick some up.

RC poster
    The Deegan rally is based on the Telluride, which has shorter arms. So you will need the arms from a Slash.

Double check the driveshafts, too, they may be shorter - since they extend they may still work but they will be weaker because the splines overlap less.

RC poster
    So it turns out you need A arms, front and rear turnbuckles, driveshafts (optional), body mounts, front and rear bumpers, and tires. Plus a handful of screws

Quote Originally Posted by cwitty88 View Post
    So it turns out you need A arms, front and rear turnbuckles, driveshafts (optional), body mounts, front and rear bumpers, and tires. Plus a handful of screws

Sounds absolutely correct to me. Sorry, I forgot to mention the bumpers. I though it was kind of obvious.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Sounds absolutely correct to me. Sorry, I forgot to mention the bumpers. I though it was kind of obvious.
    No worries it was

RC Qualifier
    i think the deegan rally also comes with a plastic center drive shaft. you may want to swap that out too...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    i think the deegan rally also comes with a plastic center drive shaft. you may want to swap that out too...
    Yea I went ahead before and upgraded to the aluminum shaft.

RC poster
    Have it all finished up now. Here are some pics. I did a custom paint job.

Looks good... have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Looks nice!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk