nitro rustler 3.3 breakin help meeeee!!!!

Hey guys I'm on the 5th tank of fuel for the break in, a little leaner than factory carb settings, and a brand new glow plug, what it does is it just dies, like at half throttle it'll be going just fine and then nothing. I didnt replace the whole engine, just the piston and sleeve. I have a race this Saturday, so i really need this thing back together asap. Thanks in advance for any help offered!
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

If you don't have any idle issues then you didn't put the piston in backwards.
    Next thing to point to is the fuel system to make sure it is not blocked, or there is a leak in the exhaust system not allowing full pressure to go to the tank or the tank is leaking air. Using a glow ignitor or the EZ-Start? How's the blue wire to the plug? If it is cut then it could be grounding against the head causing the glow plug to go cold.

Engines are simple: they need air, fuel, glow and compression otherwise nothing. Eliminate each to determine where the problem lies.
    The Super Derecho

I think I might have figured it out, the o ring on the carb somehow go swapped with the o ring that goes in the intake bore. I got that straightened out and I'm going to make a run tomorrow once it's light out. If not, the next thing I'm going to check is the backing plate for the pull start.
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor