Question Anyone familiar with these Hot Racing piggyback shocks?

So I been trying to get these shocks filled properly all night, and literally finding it impossible. Just curious if anyone has used these shocks before, and knows how to fill them because maybe I'm just doing it wrong. There is absolutely no information online anywhere about filling these particular shocks, and we all know Hot Racing has probably the worst customer service on this planet. Right now I'm at the point if I can't find help anywhere on these shocks I'm just going to throw them in the garbage. Another thing I noticed tonight is the shock shafts are different lengths between them....

TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Racer
    Well, at least they look cool, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Do they work the same as the other piggyback shocks? YouTube has lots of videos. The pics are a little hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx96 View Post
    Do they work the same as the other piggyback shocks? YouTube has lots of videos. The pics are a little hard to tell.
    These are pretty unique. I watched a few youtube videos, and they didn't work with these. I'll just have to watch some more to see if there is any other ways. I'd really like to use these shocks considering they were $100 but we will see.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fueler941 View Post
    These are pretty unique. I watched a few youtube videos, and they didn't work with these. I'll just have to watch some more to see if there is any other ways. I'd really like to use these shocks considering they were $100 but we will see.
    What is unique about the Hot-Racing design? Explain it to the community, and I'm sure someone will give the needed answer.

Grtz,

Degake
    P4de, G.D., K.Block, K. Busch, Summit, ERBE, TRX-4

RC poster
    Maybe lay out the dismantled one and get some closer pics.

Well you are off on the right foot with the green slime!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I talked to Kevin from Hot Racing, and I'm just going to send him the shocks. He said he is going to be nice, and fill them for me. :P
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Competitor
    It would be nice if he would take a video (or make directions) while he is filling them so that you'll know how to do it the next time they need filled.

Ive seen others having problems with the piggyback style shocks. Glad you found help!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRanger View Post
    It would be nice if he would take a video (or make directions) while he is filling them so that you'll know how to do it the next time they need filled.
    That's what I told him to do. Said he should make "how to" videos for all of the hot racing more complicated parts to setup. He said it's on his to do list.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Quote Originally Posted by SlashServices View Post
    Ive seen others having problems with the piggyback style shocks. Glad you found help!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have read that too. I really like these shocks though, and think they could be really good if setup properly.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T