RC Competitor

foam tires for 4tec 2.0

who out there makes touring car foam tires for 4tec 2.0

RC Enthusiast
    Contact foams have been working good on mine.

RC Competitor
    thankyou StretchMak i will look into it

RC Competitor
    StretchMak do remember a part number for the 4tec tires i never dealt with this company before

I have Contact foams on mine as well.... they work good. Sorry I don't have a part number, they were on the car when I bought it used.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchMaK View Post
    Contact foams have been working good on mine.
    same here..
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman1984 View Post
    StretchMak do remember a part number for the 4tec tires i never dealt with this company before
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/contact...85267?v=232695
    slash 4x4 168mph

RC Competitor
    thanks for helping me find a pair of foams

RC Competitor
    hey Dcuda69 what compound of foams from contact foams are you using i noticed on amainhobbies site they have different compound so which one do you have

RC Competitor
    they phildogg what foam tire compound of the contact foam tire brand are you using just wandering

RC Qualifier
    i've been using the lowest shore i can find. 32 or 35. from what i understand, the lower the shore, will be softer for more grip and wear, while the higher shore will be less grip but last longer. i'm not 100% on that though. but my setup has been doing ok. 30mm wide, 35 shore rears, 26mm 32 shore fronts. you might want to run 26mm all around

RC Competitor
    thankyou SL4SHGT8BASHER for the input last time i had a foams from imex for eletric traxxas 4tec original and they were crappy

RC Champion
    I run 37 shore
    slash 4x4 168mph

RC poster

Foam Tires

I wore out the tires that came with the car which I like the look of but are very expensive. I bought the foam tires everyone is talking about and they wore out with one use of my 3s battery. I'm sure it depends on how you drive it but would love to find a better wearing tire. Thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    The stock tires last the longest. I ran some that only lasted one pack. Vaterra makes some tires for the v100 that match the stock and perform better in my opinion. But it is always a trade between grip and wear. The foams get the best grip/wear/price combo. I take two sets to the track each weekend and usually buy a set there. The foams last about 6 to 8 packs.

RC Competitor
    your wrong about that one sl4shgt8basher only bcuz the road i ran on was not ideal i'm not sure how long my tires did last long bcuz my street is the worst tar and chip is the worst driving medium for speed runs and rc cars period

hey Dcuda69 what compound of foams from contact foams are you using i noticed on amainhobbies site they have different compound so which one do you have
    Wow...sorry I missed your question, not really sure how/why I missed it but I did. So now that I saw your question I still can't answer it....lol. The Contact foams were on the car when I bought it used. I grabbed it from a guy local with the Velenion system, the foams and the stock tires. I just looked at the foams and I have no clue how to identify the compound... I see no markings on them other than Contact and rc racing tires. Sorry for the no help after missing your question.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    your wrong about that one sl4shgt8basher only bcuz the road i ran on was not ideal i'm not sure how long my tires did last long bcuz my street is the worst tar and chip is the worst driving medium for speed runs and rc cars period
    Well the surface will absolutely vary the life of the tire. I run mine on a large asphalt track for 1/8 gt cars. It's pretty abrasive, especially when treated with soda water (or something they spray to make it sticky). I only ran stock rubber for a couple packs on the vxl chassis, but I have a couple dozen packs with my faster rig. I tested Yeah Racing rubber tires, vta tires, vaterra (but they have many options so not all), and several cheap Chinese tires. The contact foams are by far the best bang for your buck. Now if u got cash to spend, get those banana racing foams. They will be the best for sure.

RC Competitor
    thanks SL4SHGT8BASHER for the idea for my next rc purchase

Contact Rick at Gone Bananas Racing Skinz

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    thanks djmaincheese i will definitely look into it are they expensive foams

RC poster
    Bsr racing

RC Qualifier
    I'm new to on-road cars, and I just picked up my 2nd 4-Tec 2.0 so I can have a friend race against me with homemade tracks like featured in that Traxxas video not too long ago (I'll probably go the PVC pipe route).

If I wanted the longest lasting tires that had decent grip (I need 2 matching full sets of tires for both cars), are there any recommendations for what would be cheap? Thanks for any ideas! I don't need super grip, just enough to have some fun but more important is that they last!

RC Competitor
    AGHolman i bought contact foams from amainhobbies or bsr foam tires i don't do racing but speed runs for the moment im sticking to that hope this helps

RC Racer
    I picked up some contact foams and had fitment issues, I tried with the rotor and caliper removed as well but they would make contact with the suspension. Upon inspection it seems that the hub on the stock wheels is a bit more in the center where as what I received the hub was towards the outside of the wheel. Did I order the wrong ones or am I just putting them on wrong?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/contact...4074%2fp232705

And...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwny Danza View Post
    I picked up some contact foams and had fitment issues, I tried with the rotor and caliper removed as well but they would make contact with the suspension. Upon inspection it seems that the hub on the stock wheels is a bit more in the center where as what I received the hub was towards the outside of the wheel. Did I order the wrong ones or am I just putting them on wrong?

And...

I am running spacers on the rear, no rubbing.
    Slash 4x4 XMaxx Ford GT TRX-4 UDR

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeede View Post
    I am running spacers on the rear, no rubbing.
    Have a photo of it?

RC Competitor
    pwny danza i personally bought a set of 26mm and 30mm i had to shave a little bit off each arm i didnt compromise the arms and steering knuckles in any way if you care too found out that traxxas ford gt 2017 wheels are similiar offset to hpi 3mm and 6mm rims had these rims from an hpi sprint 2 drift hope this is some hope for you lol

RC poster
    My Contact rear foam tires 26mm rub on the chassis. What should I do to fix this problem?

RC Qualifier
    Gpm and integy make 9mm wide hex that can give u a little wider