Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    67

    Xmaxx 6s convert to xmaxx 8s

    Hi everyone,
    I have been searching and can't find specifically someone asking this question so here goes

    What parts are needed to be swapped out to get the xmaxx 8s strengthof parts, however I will still only be using 6s , I just want to have a strong Driveline and stop breaking duff rings and wearing out cups etc.., and are the tires different as well ?

    Please off possible list part no.s too thank you so much

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Racer Magnus001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    239
    Take a look at the 8s upgrade kit.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8...r-up?t=support
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    843
    The 8s ring and pinion are needed
    7791 rear
    7790 front
    7792 ring
    fabricator

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6
    Just google 8s upgrade kit. And 8s rated wheels?

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Scarborough, Western Australia
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by X-MaxxMania View Post
    Just google 8s upgrade kit. And 8s rated wheels?
    I totally agree with this. I'm still running 6S, but after installing the upgrade kit I haven't broken any of the driveline parts. Before the upgrade I was constantly breaking stuff (OEM and aftermarket). And yes, the 8S wheels make a huge difference. For me, getting the 8S power-up kit was cheaper than buying all of the parts separately (in Australia).

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyB View Post
    I totally agree with this. I'm still running 6S, but after installing the upgrade kit I haven't broken any of the driveline parts. Before the upgrade I was constantly breaking stuff (OEM and aftermarket). And yes, the 8S wheels make a huge difference. For me, getting the 8S power-up kit was cheaper than buying all of the parts separately (in Australia).
    MartyB where did you get your upgrade kit from in Australia and how much

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by firstchoicecp View Post
    MartyB where did you get your upgrade kit from in Australia and how much

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't need the motor or esc though

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Scarborough, Western Australia
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by firstchoicecp View Post
    I wouldn't need the motor or esc though

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk
    I got the Power-Up kit from my Local Hobby Shop in Perth. It took a few months of asking before the national distributor was able to sort out an arrangement with Traxxas to bring them into Australia. I can't remember how much I paid, but the deal did include handing over my old ESC to get the new one (it's still in the box because I'm using a Max6 ESC). The Power-Up kit doesn't include the motor. I put the Cush Drive in straight away, and I've been upgrading with the Power-Up parts as my old ones break. So far I haven't broken any of the new parts so I'm very happy with the upgrade.

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyB View Post
    I got the Power-Up kit from my Local Hobby Shop in Perth. It took a few months of asking before the national distributor was able to sort out an arrangement with Traxxas to bring them into Australia. I can't remember how much I paid, but the deal did include handing over my old ESC to get the new one (it's still in the box because I'm using a Max6 ESC). The Power-Up kit doesn't include the motor. I put the Cush Drive in straight away, and I've been upgrading with the Power-Up parts as my old ones break. So far I haven't broken any of the new parts so I'm very happy with the upgrade.
    What's the hobby shop called

    Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Scarborough, Western Australia
    Posts
    88
    MAS Hobbies - ask for Darren

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •