RC poster

Emaxx possible issue

My dad has an early 2000s Emaxx possibly a 2005 and I have recently started using it. It is all stock as far as electronics and motors go and uses the two titans. I have been running a 7 cell 8.4 volt nimh anda 6 cell 7.2 volt nimh pack in it. It used to do around 18-20 mph and it was a torque machine and now I have noticed it is doing at least 25 and seems to be lacking torque even looks to be 2wd sometimes. I dont know what the problem is. Did I blow a motor? Am I not supposed to run different kids of packs? I am new to rc still and My first car was Tamiya Hornet and I also have a traxxas stampede/gravedigger.
    Last edited by RancidLatte; 09-05-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Need to add tags

Mayby try and run the same batteries as the 6 cell may not be able to keep up with the 7 cell.
    If you have the money, go to lipos!
    Have fun in the hobby!!

RC Competitor
    Always run same batteries with same charge. And like the other guy above said, go lipo. Get 2s batteries. It will be alot of fun. And lift the truck up by the bumper and pull the throttle. If all tires spin, then it's your batteries. If not, -----, the list goes on.it could be numerous things wrong

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistry20 View Post
    Mayby try and run the same batteries as the 6 cell may not be able to keep up with the 7 cell.
    If you have the money, go to lipos!
    Have fun in the hobby!!
    Thank you. I just realized it was a gearbox issue and I'm working on it right now. I have bought two 2s lipos and 2 3s lipos from amazon. I am Saving up for a rustler Vxl and losi racing 1/10 buggy. I have finnaly found a hobby I enjoy.

RC poster
    Thanks. It was a gearbox issue and I bought more lipo batteries. Really enjoying the hobby as I enjoy fast cars and tinkering with stuff.