RC poster

Traxxas slash 2wd upgrades for bashing

Hey guys,

I have just purchased a velineon vxl 3s for my slash. I'm just trying to work out exactly what parts I should be upgrading. Obviously the new power is going to cause me breakages but I'm not sure exactly what to get.
    I have decided on upgrading my rear hubs, steering block, caster blocks and output yokes to traxxas aluminium/steel. But have no ideas about my turn buckles or steering links? What are are the best options for this?
    I solely use the rc for bashing but I'm not someone to completely smash it.
    It will run on a 5000mah nimh might upgrade to a lipo in the future.

Thanks for any advice and additional suggestion

Edit: everything is currently stock on it so go for your life with suggestions
    Last edited by Curry102008; 09-07-2017 at 05:50 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey welcome to the forums and your slash. Sounds like your off to a great start and a small list of upgrades. Sounds like your doing your homework. Far as turn buckles or steering pieces the stock ones actually do pretty good. For now do what you have listed and go have fun.

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply.

What is a solid gear/pinion size to start testing with? I run the car on semi compacted to loose dirt. I have a temp gun so just looking for a round about size to test with?

RC poster
    Bump,

Can anyone help me with this? Just wanting to find a reasonable pinion and gear size for traxxas slash with vxl motor. It has a fan on the motor and esc. Running on loose to semi compacted dirt with a 8.4V 5000mph NiMH 7 cell. I use it solely for bashing. Just want something that will get reasonable speed with out overheating the motor.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    For the links traxxas tubes for revo are the strongest ive ever used, you adjust the length with spacers for toe and camber so no quick adjustments after initial setting. I believe you must use proline arms but could be wrong. Totally bulletproof for about 3+ years now... Cant say enough how stout this setup is for hardcore bashing...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If running 2.8 tires i run either 15 or 17 tooth pinion with 60 tooth spur. With slash tires i think i ran 60/19 or 58/19

This is with 32p gears.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Do the above setups keep motor/esc temp down or do you have to be cautious?