Suggestions for my budget track build

Hi all, I have this slash built from the ground up with spare parts. I want to do a budget track build to race on local track which is AstroTurf. It has a 2075 servo, and a tq receiver however, n o motor and esc. It also has a few hopups (aluminum bulkhead and shock caps...rpm rear hubs, steering blocks, and c-hubs) I plan on some budget upgrades starting with...

lcg chassis

Lower the stock ultra shocks(via nitro fuel line) and also do springs, pistons, oil, etc.

J Concepts hazard wheels (5$/set!!)

Probably Schumacher tires because they're good on Astro and CHEAP.

Some kind of cheap fast servo (doesn't have to be water proof recommendations appreciated)

Lastly a good cheap system also doesn't have to be waterproof but with power in the range of a sidewinder combo (ish) doesnt have to be perfect

And maybe a flysky fsgt2b radio and receiver combo (27$!!)

I would greatly appreciate recommendations on servos and motors at good prices with decent power/torque. I'm doing this build since my not so budget slash 2wd lcg for the track (castle mmp, gtr shocks all aluminum and rpm) is very close to being as dialed and bulletproof it could possibly be. I just want something to build and build for cheap. I'm not expecting top notch performance by any means so anything works! thanks!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did you watch my racer build series? It has the most important upgrades, in the order that I think they are most important. Also has budget electronics in there that are working well in my truck.

You shouldn't need nitro tubing on the front, the front shocks are already quite short. In the rear, just space them out on the arms (if you have protrac suspension) or use 1/8"? plastic washers. Nitro tubing tears/degrades and will get stuck in your shock bodies and be inconsistent. Plastic spacers are 10x better.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...d-video-series
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    One of my better buys for mine was a Savox 1258 servo. Super fast.

Savos is excellent and what I normally run. Power HD 8312tg/off-brand 1258tg is what I'm running so far as a budget option and works well too.

Thank you all, and yes I've seen 1258 on amazon and it's supposed to be a good servo, and yes razor, I saw your build and I'm using a lot of your methods and I think that's the system im gonna go for. Thanks a ton guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Did you watch my racer build series? It has the most important upgrades, in the order that I think they are most important. Also has budget electronics in there that are working well in my truck.

You shouldn't need nitro tubing on the front, the front shocks are already quite short. In the rear, just space them out on the arms (if you have protrac suspension) or use 1/8"? plastic washers. Nitro tubing tears/degrades and will get stuck in your shock bodies and be inconsistent. Plastic spacers are 10x better.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...d-video-series
    I only have the regular arms, so I'm thinking on using a few 1/8 in washers. Do you know for sure if it's exactly 1/8in diameter? At my local track, I found that lower is better. I found it a problem that the gtrs stock height off a slash 4x4 ultimate (f&r) was too high because Astro turf is such a high grip surface, especially with proline pinpoints, even mounted on the far outside hole it would still always roll even if the suspension was stiffened, and loosening it created a lot of body roll; there was no happy median. Thanks for the help, I have been watching all the YouTube videos you do and they're great!

Drive yours like it isn't
    Last edited by SlashServices; 09-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Hmm, I think they were 1/8" in thickness maybe? I remember measuring them and something about them was off. Take some calipers and you can measure the thickness of the shafts to find the right size.

Sway bars would be ideal, but I haven't found a good set. Lowering the truck is fine, I can understand it being necessary for astroturf.

I'm super against Flysky radios, because I've found them to be slow, poor quality, and not very reliable.

Hmm, I think they were 1/8" in thickness maybe? I remember measuring them and something about them was off. Take some calipers and you can measure the thickness of the shafts to find the right size.

Sway bars would be ideal, but I haven't found a good set. Lowering the truck is fine, I can understand it being necessary for astroturf.

I'm super against Flysky radios, because I've found them to be slow, poor quality, and not very reliable.
    Will do! Im happy with my flysky but then again I've only had it a couple months. I ordered some 1/8in washers and can always expand the center rivet size a tad. Plus they don't have to be too snug on the shock shafts as long as they keep the shock from not going down as far from when they did before, acting like a barrier. I think they should be fine! Thanks for the help! I'm excited for your and my build! Have fun!

Bought and lcg chassis and skid for 17$ total on eBay! Also got some washers to lower the shocks

Last edited by SlashServices; 09-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Nice buy! You'll love the new chassis.

Nice buy! You'll love the new chassis.
    I already do! I took it for a drive today and it completely transformed the car !