Question New motor suggestion please

Hey what's up guys. I figured this would be the best spot for this advice. I ordered a 1717 motor mount from Sage custom rc for my E-Revo brushless. Right now it's running a Tekin T8 Gen 2 1700kv, Tekin RX8 Gen 3 esc, and Hotwire 3.0. Since my fully upgraded truck is comming in at 15 lbs give or take I decided to go with the bigger motor.

After looking around it seems that Traxxas is only company I could find making a motor in that size still. Poseidon quit making the 1717, and also Castle. I did send a message to TP motors to see if they would make a custom one, but I'm still waiting for their response.

I did find a couple Castle 1717's on ebay though but not sure if their 1717 is better than the Traxxas one? I noticed the Castle is 1580kv compared to Traxxas 1650kv. If I end up having to pick between those two, what one should I get? Also does any other companies make a 1717 size I missed? Thank you guys a lot for any help!
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Qualifier
    I'd stick with the Stock TRAXXAS motor... Not any motors out there on the market fit the XO-1 I had 1 Motor & ESC Both STOCK Org TRAXXAS Parts put back in my XO-1. I sent my XO-1 into TRAXXAS for repair the tech told me the XO-1's Motor & ESC is a 1 of the kind build TRAXXAS Teamed up with Castel to make the Motor & ESC so the parts come from Castel to TRAXXAS... The XO-1 works awesome with the stock motor esc setup.... Oh and FYI get yourself a small bottle of 3 & 1 Oil add a drop to the front and rear shafts for Lube works great & cuts down the friction on the motor bearing too

The question related to the use of a 1717 in an E-Revo. I'm not sure if you caught that. While there is an E-Revo Brushless Edition section this particular question is probably best asked here.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The question related to the use of a 1717 in an E-Revo. I'm not sure if you caught that. While there is an E-Revo Brushless Edition section this particular question is probably best asked here.
    I think he missed the truck part as well. :P

Would the Xlx be a good combo with the Traxxas 1717, or would that be overkill?
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Is the X01 forum that dead? Makes sense everyone quit making 1717 motors lol.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Down the road, I'd like to try a Xmaxx's 8s ESC. The dimensions of it are very close to that of the stock XO-1's ESC.

Is the X01 forum that dead?
    I think why there's not a lot of action on the XO's forum is due to it being pretty reliable, so not as much to talk about unless your doing some sort of mod.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-16-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Is there any way to modify the E-Revo to fit the new X-Maxx motor?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Down the road, I'd like to try a Xmaxx's 8s ESC. The dimensions of it are very close to that of the stock XO-1's ESC.

I think why there's not a lot of action on the XO's forum is due to it being pretty reliable, so not as much to talk about unless your doing some sort of mod.
    I think I'm going to go with the Mamba Xlx, and the Traxxas 1717 motor. Give my heavy truck the little umph it needs.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I'm sure it can be done since some people run the 2028 in their e-revo.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

What I did was drill and tap new holes, so that I could use mine (1600kv) in my wife's Summit (along with my Xmaxx's original 6s ESC). I also, had to modify her motor mount (just a tad) to get everything to fit properly. Something else you can try is the Kershaw adapter for that 1600kv motor. I couldn't tell you how good/bad his kit works, though, because I never used it.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-17-2017 at 05:18 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

What I did was drill and tap new holes, so that I could use mine (1600kv) in my wife's Summit (along with my Xmaxx's original 6s ESC). I also, had to modify her motor mount (just a tad) to get everything to fit properly. Something else you can try is the Kershaw adapter for that 1600kv motor. I couldn't tell you how good/bad his kit works, though, because I never used it.
    I want their LCG chassis as well, but Kershaw Designs closed their doors for good.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

So will the xmaxx 1250 kv motor fit in the xo1? Plan on using it with xlx esc.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier

AMEN! Only breaks when i play with it in water...

is there a better motor than the BLX2050kv ? ............... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC poster
    Yeah 2200 kv castle creation or hobby wing 2200kv

the m/m 1717 is what I was told to get . trusted source
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    The 1717 is the middle child that didn't get any love.
    It certainly has its place... I heard Traxxas did some work to lighten the rotor and some other changes that help it generate torque and overall boost acceleration.

For reference in the Revo 2.0 Phillip Jolley reached 105 mph with the TP Power 4070 and XL-X combo.
    I do think the XL-X esc is the right choice for the power levels of any motor choice in this range.

the TP 4260 may be a little closer in dimensions to the 1717 but typically the TP motors output more power per its size than the Castle and Traxxas version motors.

-Liberty