Thread: Kids ride

Kids ride

My daughter is a new proud owner of a telluride. She saved up her own money and I was able to find this one for $150 shipped. She was able to drive it for the first time today and the slipper clutch was squealing. I took it apart and turned it in over 2 full turns then back it off 1/2 turn and it still is slipping badly.

What is a good setup for the telluride? The motor and esc are stock. In my summit I run the aluminum pads and have it turned out a 1/2 turn.

Is there any upgrades I should do to this sweet ride or just run it? I might put on my slash wheels and tires to see how it looks.

Emaxx- HW xerun 150a sensored 2200kv
    Summit- HW wp sc8 120a 2650kv
    Ford GT- HW wp sc8 120a 3600kv
    Rustler- 3.3 converted
    4tec- converted 3.3 and offroad

Traxxas Employee
    You've got some pretty big wheels on there which means more stress on the drivetrain. I would replace the driveshaft with the aluminum version and upgrade from the stock clutch to the one used in the Stampede 4X4--which also means switching to 32p gears. That should take care of any possible driveline concerns.

I figured out the problem with the slipper clutch the nut was worn out. What's a good spur/pinion combo to run on this unit? It has 83 on the spur now.

Breaking parts one run at a time