RC poster

Question what is most common problem?

I was watching a slayer today that thing ran fine on the start stand would rev up wheels would turn. when it was sat down on the ground it would rev high and not hardly move. when this happens what is most common Problem? this guy was not happy so i was afraid to ask..

RC Enthusiast
    Is it stock? Was it idling ok? Could be Either wrong gearing then and/or 2nd gear shift point set way too early. And most common thing is engine running too rich. An aftermarket clutch with springs too soft can cause it to die too, as it won't allow the motor to rev into its powerband before grabbing the clutchbell. Those are all things I have encountered myself, but I bet it could be a laundry lust of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dronenewbie View Post
    Is it stock? Was it idling ok? Could be Either wrong gearing then and/or 2nd gear shift point set way too early. And most common thing is engine running too rich. An aftermarket clutch with springs too soft can cause it to die too, as it won't allow the motor to rev into its powerband before grabbing the clutchbell. Those are all things I have encountered myself, but I bet it could be a laundry lust of things.

it didn't die it just didn't move no matter how much it reved up. not sure if it was stock i know he said it had the 3.3 motor. when the body was off it looked like the spur gear was turning faster as rpms increased . this thing sounded good love nitro rc's

Slipper clutch is loose. Tighten it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Slipper clutch is loose. Tighten it.
    ^^this 100%

RC Qualifier
    I had a SLAYER Pro 4x4 a few years ago "Loved that RIG Sorry I sold it" my step son had a T-MAX 2.5R But I wanted to convert over to electric. My step son was 9 @ the time he's 11 now & I did not want him losing interest in the hobby Tuning a NITRO rig can be time consuming " my step son did not like tuning all the time or the messy cleanup that comes with a Nitro Rig. & we have more fun running our Electric Rigs now anyways. Got to admit Plug & Go is a lot better than spending 5-10 minutes tuning a Nitro Rig before you even run it

Anyway the biggest thing I found out was the clutch slipping or the clutch shoes getting worn out or the tune is off