RC Competitor

whooops....BANG!

Figured I'd pass this on so nobody else has the same issue

I was flying in sport mode yesterday when I fumbled the remote, I knocked the battery cover loose as it was on its way down and the batteries came out as it hit the ground. No problem the ATON went into return to base mode like it should, I picked up the remote and batteries, popped them in and the ATON fell straight down to the sidewalk the second the last battery was inserted.

I know I've turned the remote off before during flight while explaining the return feature to friends with no issues but it definitely didn't like the battery removal.

if it happens to you let it auto land before putting the batteries back in.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by boostpsi View Post
    Figured I'd pass this on so nobody else has the same issue

I was flying in sport mode yesterday when I fumbled the remote, I knocked the battery cover loose as it was on its way down and the batteries came out as it hit the ground. No problem the ATON went into return to base mode like it should, I picked up the remote and batteries, popped them in and the ATON fell straight down to the sidewalk the second the last battery was inserted.

I know I've turned the remote off before during flight while explaining the return feature to friends with no issues but it definitely didn't like the battery removal.

if it happens to you let it auto land before putting the batteries back in.
    A very similar thing happened to me today. I was flying the Aton, noticed that the transmitter batteries were running low, a minute later the transmitter starts beeping every 10 seconds or so to inform me of the low battery so I was just about to land manually when the transmitter suddenly stops responding and the display shows 'lb' for low battery.
    As the Aton was returning home (in an less than ideal location since I had walked away from the take off point I switched the transmitter off then back on again to try and regain control as I did that the Aton was still about 20-30ft high and just suddenly cuts off and drops upside down. Cracking the roll hoop and canopy and bending the Bluetooth board connector on the main control board. I know know not to do that again! Still I don't think it hallucinating have just dropped out the sky surely it could have just continued to return home?

RC Competitor
    THANK YOU for sharing this info...

RC poster
    Very similiar story, ive had several fly away. Found it a mile away on a random side walk with the beeper

what kind of sd card should i be utilizing for its update?
    Last edited by Double G; 03-27-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Merge