RC poster

Biggest problem with the 4 tec 2.0

Haven't heard anyone complain about this but it has proven to be an issue for me

The chassis collects A LOT of stones.

Not a big deal, I thought at first. Pick the car up and flip it over...problem solved. Not exactly!

Sometimes stones of just the right size will lodge themselves between the floor pan and the steering linkage causing your steering to lock

In two instances this caused two servos to short

Next step for me is finding a chassis dust bag. Got do some research and see if one exists for this car

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
    Haven't heard anyone complain about this but it has proven to be an issue for me

The chassis collects A LOT of stones.

Not a big deal, I thought at first. Pick the car up and flip it over...problem solved. Not exactly!

Sometimes stones of just the right size will lodge themselves between the floor pan and the steering linkage causing your steering to lock

In two instances this caused two servos to short

Next step for me is finding a chassis dust bag. Got do some research and see if one exists for this car
    Just use some Velcro and Velcro some screen mesh over your chassis like those outerwear things

RC Competitor
    It does collect a lot of pebbles.....typically I flip mine upside down after running to "clean" it

Mine burned up a steering servo that traxxas warrantied right after I got it.

Another problem I've had is with the rear tires catching the back bumper when the tires balloon out.

Breaking parts one run at a time

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigaju View Post
    Just use some Velcro and Velcro some screen mesh over your chassis like those outerwear things
    Yeah, something like that will have to work. I can't seem to find any sort of chassis cover from a retailer.

Just toasted another servo and I've got a savox on order....that one I'm not going to fry. I'll have a solution n place prior to running it
    Last edited by Marshal; 09-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow and I thought it was just me. I had a stone get stuck against the center driveshaft. It put a few grooves in the shaft but seems to be OK

RC Qualifier
    I use mine to vacuum the floor... but seriously it does collect a lot of small debris. Even on the track after they blow it off with a leaf blower, my 4tec seems to still collect a lot of stuff. I had things get stuck in the steering, and in the center shaft running in dirty parking lot. I think there might be a way to make a mesh or fabric cover for the steering. Maybe even one for the shaft.

RC Competitor
    hey Marshal what savox servo did you go with

RC Competitor
    Solution...I cut out the floor pan underneath the linkages.

I’m sure it’s weaker now but unless I get into a high speed front collision with an immovable object, I’ll be fine

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtcobra View Post
    Solution...I cut out the floor pan underneath the linkages.

Iím sure itís weaker now but unless I get into a high speed front collision with an immovable object, Iíll be fine
    Exactly the resolution that came to mind when reading the issue. Can also get Le an by the sheet and make 1Ē or so strips that attach to the edge of the chassis to work as an inter wheel well of sorts.

RC poster
    Speaking of half shafts. Know if carbon fiber shafts are available anyplace?