RC Champion

Traxxas 4Tec 2.0/ ford gt 3s pass hits108mph. Thanks Traxxas!

This car is rock solid! I just want to thanks Traxxas for another awesome platform... check it out and lmk what you think

https://youtu.be/gAWCKrz-aTM
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

Nice job Phill, nice clean pass.
    "Gone racing"

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, very cool. Car looks rock steady at speed.

I got some catching up to do. Any secrets you can share with a newb?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchMaK View Post
    Wow, very cool. Car looks rock steady at speed.

I got some catching up to do. Any secrets you can share with a newb?

Yes, well depends on that motor you are running. make sure car is lower in front than rear will help with staying on ground. as you can see i have been working up on gearing getting faster. pm your setup and i can help.

Slashmaxx4x4: thanks im liking this car.
    slash 4x4 168mph

Very cool! Just got my 55t spur...gonna pair it with 34t pinion running the Velenion motor. I'll start on 2s and move up to 3s. Won't be anywhere near as fast as yours but I'm still pretty stoked! Thing was pretty fast with the 70t so I expect it to wake up with this 55! Gonna do a little shake down running tomorrow. I have very little run time with this car so still feeling it out. Anyone do some high speed runs with the stock body? Again..great job Phildogg...you are the man! Love watching your runs!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm just out having fun. I'm willing to help anyone go fast part of the hobby. I;m sure the 55t will really wake up your car also..
    slash 4x4 168mph

The 55t really helped! The car is pretty quick even with a 2s and handles great on the foams. Quite the change from my big ol Slash on 2.8s and the wheelie popping Rustler...lol. What are you guys using for lipos and/or hold downs? I have a 3s from my Slash but it's way to tall for the stock hold down. SMC makes a shorter 3s but I hate to buy another pack...although I could use it in the Rustler as well.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    I loosend the rear of the hold down just enough to let my pack squeeze in..
    slash 4x4 168mph

RC Enthusiast
    Just saw you are up to 111mph.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    What are you guys using for lipos and/or hold downs?
    Gens Ace 3S 5000 mAh 50c, fits in the tray like a glove.
    here it is on Amazon
    http://a.co/i7A0HmF

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchMaK View Post
    Just saw you are up to 111mph.
    Yeah picked up a few more.. I think there is more gearing to go also.
    slash 4x4 168mph

Well I broke down and bought the SMC 3s pack that fits in the tray. It's only 4500mah but claims 90c constant so it should work OK in this car for what I'm doing with the stock Velenion system. I took it out today geared 34/55 and it's a hoot! It's not the 135mph screamer like Phildogg's but it's darn quick! It handles great with the TSM and foams. I did manage to loop it at speed but it didn't flip and I didn't hit anything...lol. Like I said earlier...quite the change for me from bashing that big Slash. Next up.....I'm thinking of a 2wd Slash drag car.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Good to hear. I bet its pretty quick
    slash 4x4 168mph

RC Competitor
    Dcuda69 i did a speed run on a tar and chip road with contact foam tires with 35/55 gearing traxxas products used no aftermarket parts i personally got up 62.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman1984 View Post
    Dcuda69 i did a speed run on a tar and chip road with contact foam tires with 35/55 gearing traxxas products used no aftermarket parts i personally got up 62.5mph
    Thanks! My road isn't ultra smooth asphalt either and mine is also completely stock so I'm guessing I was pretty close to 60ish at 34/55. I'll grab a 35t at some point but I doubt I'll push it past that. I don't have a GPS or enough guts to strap my phone to it so I'll just smile as it flies by and guess 60mph...lol.

I paid $200 for this thing,barely used and already equipped with the Velenion and the foams(stock tires/wheels included) so I'm thrilled with the performance. I have an additional $50 in it(3s pack that I can use in my other rigs and gears) Like Phildogg said...this looks to be a great platform. It's lite,quick,stable,handles great,looks great. What's not to like? lol
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Thanks! My road isn't ultra smooth asphalt either and mine is also completely stock so I'm guessing I was pretty close to 60ish at 34/55. I'll grab a 35t at some point but I doubt I'll push it past that. I don't have a GPS or enough guts to strap my phone to it so I'll just smile as it flies by and guess 60mph...lol.

I paid $200 for this thing,barely used and already equipped with the Velenion and the foams(stock tires/wheels included) so I'm thrilled with the performance. I have an additional $50 in it(3s pack that I can use in my other rigs and gears) Like Phildogg said...this looks to be a great platform. It's lite,quick,stable,handles great,looks great. What's not to like? lol
    Man you got a deal on that car.. My road is rough too but the foams take it great. its all about having fun..
    slash 4x4 168mph

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    Man you got a deal on that car.. My road is rough too but the foams take it great. its all about having fun..
    Ya, I was eyeing them up when they were released but I was reluctant to spend $300 on a brushed car because I knew it would get a brushless upgrade right away. When this one popped up on a local FB group with the VXL already done I was all over it. Nice clean car with foams already on it. Came with the stock tires and RTR. Great guy to deal with to boot. I guess it was $210 I paid but either way, I'm a happy guy. My 1st on road car so all new to me but having fun learning.

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Champion
    Killer deal. enjoy it they are fun and fast.
    slash 4x4 168mph

RC Qualifier
    Hey Phildogg, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Just wondering about a few ESC options. Thanks!