RC poster

2970 EZ-Peak Charger

I am pretty green to the Electrics and wanted to know, can you use this charger with other batteries other then the Traxxas ? I know there are batteries that are higher output then the Traxxas but these chargers seem great by taking all the guess work out of charging LIPO's.
    I got my son a VXL years ago when they were new and the charger was something that you needed to do a lot of math to keep the batteries in tip top shape and not blow up.
    I'm a Nitro junkie but going to get a VXL at some point.

Thanks

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My easypeak live will charge my smc packs, but i must use the app to do it. My charger will not charge non id packs without the bluetooth app.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    My easypeak live will charge my smc packs, but i must use the app to do it. My charger will not charge non id packs without the bluetooth app.

Although this is an old thread. I will give some input! Yes it can. Lipo and nimh. It has balance ports on the front. Plug the battery in along with the balance connector, press the two bottom buttons at the same time until you will hear a tone.You can set the amps you want to charge at or let the charger do it automatically. Finally press the start button till you hear another tone and bam, they are charging. You will hear another tone when they are done. You will need an adapter if not Traxxas connectors.

Rag! You should not have to use your android
    Last edited by lektro; 11-19-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Just tried with my smc 4s pack... Ezpeak live charger will not do it. Maybe other trx chargers will. This model will not 8(. I must set up a battery profile in the app to get it to charge them.

Last edited by rag6; 11-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Just tried with my smc 4s pack... Ezpeak live charger will not do it. Maybe other trx chargers will. This model will not 8(. I must set up a battery profile in the app to get it to charge them.

Were you pushing the start/stop button and the charge rate button at the same time till you hear the tone? After doing so then you can select your settings then hit start to start charging. This is the way mine works when charging non ID batteries.

I just looked yours has no charge rate select button.
    Last edited by lektro; 11-22-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

I just looked at your charger. It is a bit more advanced than the ez peak dual. Now i see where you are coming from.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    You have to enable advanced mode in the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With I'd packs, it selects the charge rate and you can't change anything. With non I'd packs you make a profile In the app and and choose the charge rate in app.