RC poster

Traxxas slash brand new

Hi guys, I just bought a new slash and it will s my first Traxxas. An upgrade recommendations? Thanks!

Proline badlands and a 2s/3s Lopo battery. Other than that I think it's perfect for a basher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think you should get used to the speed of the truck, once you get bored of the stock speed, go brushless.
    Any part of the truck that breaks, upgrade it. That way, you will not waste your money on things you dont need

RC Racer
    agree with above, run it till u break something then fix, maybe upgrade tires depending on what you run on
    Slash 2wd
    it is all about having fun

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash137 View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a new slash and it will s my first Traxxas. An upgrade recommendations? Thanks!
    If it's 2wd brushed is a great start with NiMH make sure your safe with those lipos once you start on though if it's 4wd then 3s lipo will be fun but be careful and always remember the faster it goes the faster it breaks, I have had a 2wd slash and I put a brushless setup and ran 3s lipo constantly, my only recommendations are upgrade the drive shaft to steel or aluminum those plastic ones breaks so easily, second tires are everything with the slash pro-line badlands are amazing, third have fun! Hope this helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Revocat is right if you do which tires pick the right tires for what you need and drive on. There's so many things you can do to a slash, it's crazy. You will get tons of different answers here on what to upgrade. For myself I believe my first upgrade I personally did was went to Lipo. Than i had to switch to a new hinge pin set and installed a proline set because the traxxas ones it came with kept backing out. If you don't upgrade anything right off the back there is nothing wrong with that either but it's sure fun to do upgrades.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Great advice above, for the most part just run it and get used to it before you start throwing parts at it. Between running packs through it look through some of the threads on the forums, after a while you will get a good idea of how you want to modify your truck.

The first 'upgrades' I recommend are to get a good set of tools, a good charger, and a couple more packs.

A lot of people will scream "GO LIPO", but if NiMH is keeping a grin on your face, stick with it until you are more comfortable with the truck and batteries. Lipos are a great upgrade, and are well worth the little bit of extra care and feeding you have to do to them, but they also increase the learning curve for new guys.

DO NOT run your NiMHs down to the point were the truck can no longer run. Doing so will ruin your packs. There will be a point in a run where you will have about half speed at full throttle, this is when the pack has "dumped", and when the truck should be stopped, battery removed, and a fresh one put in. Running NiMHs past the point where they dump stresses the battery chemistry, which causes them to heat up, damaging the pack. After a while you will notice that the pack will charge in under 5 minutes and only lasts about 30 seconds. With this, when you do go lipo, it is VERY important that you change your ESC to Lipo mode (RED = NiMH, GREEN = LIPO).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster

Advice

Thanks Yuma much! I have had smaller trucks so Mimi are really my thing. Thanks again!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    One upgrade i feel makes the biggest difference in performance is the lcg chassis kit. I love proline sc badlands for all around bashing tires. Aluminum parts are not always the best choices for upgrades, but i believe 2 areas really benifit... C blocks and shock caps. Those are 2 main plastic weak points of the 2wd slash. You want the alum c blocks because the plastic ones flex in front end impacts, and bend the steering kingpins. Rpm c blocks will also flex and bend king pins. If you upgrade this part get aluminum. Plastic shock caps will pop off from internal pressure while landing big jumps. Alum caps on the plastic shocks fix that issue. Other than those 2 spots the 2wd is pretty darn durable. If your having issues with twisting axles on 2s or nimh, loosen the slipper a tiny bit and it goes away...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...