Exclamation Help! Nimh wont work

i just brough a nimh from a guy for 40 dollars, he said that he hasn't used it in a year. I am trying to charge it with stock traxxas 4 amp charger but it wont charge, it will stay red and then start blinking red. Is the battery dead? The charger works just fine with my stock battery.
    Is this the right place to post this?
    The battery i brought is a venom 4200mah
    The battery wont turn on my rusty!
    i am kinda freaking out now

Are you sure that you are using the right method to charge it?

I have read more bad things about Venom than good things.
    Nobody is born with experience

yup, the charger shows a red light which means that it is ready, when i plug in my normal traxxas battery, i starts to blink green which indicates that it is charging. When i plug in the venom battery, it stays red and then starts blinking red. So if the charger starts to blink red after a while, do you think that it is identifing that there is a battery, but it wont charge?

If the other battery is also a NiMH and it has the same voltage, it seems there is something wrong with the Venom.

good point, they both have the exact same specs. I have left the battery in the charger, not knowing if it is charging, pluged it into my rustler and nothing happened?
    Do you think that there is something wrong with the battery cuz the guy i brought it from said it hadnt been charged in a year?

If nothing happened with it during a year, it might have died. Maybe there is a reason you didn't switch to Lipo batteries yet, but those are much more value for money in the end.

hmmm, thats a shame.
    I guess i will have to switch to lipos.
    I was just having a look and i came accross the imax b6 charger for 40 bucks, i might get that with something like a ******* lipo! Does anyone have any experience with that charger?

In the beginning I have worked with two Imax chagers. They have never let me down. Not the best chargers in the market but, looking at cost, I can understand that they are a great solution for people with smaller budgets.