Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    58

    Small disappointment

    Like the title says, I'm a little disappointed in the greed of traxxas. I recently ordered a new 4 tec vxl and bought the painted GT body to go with it. After getting it I see now you have to buy the tail lights and exhaust tips separate. You would think after spending that amount of money it would be a complete package.

    It was the first one my local hobby shop has sold so they were unaware as well. Looks like traxxas will get another 5 bucks from me. Rant over.

  2. #2
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    445
    Don't forget the other side of the coin though. I go through a lot of bodies. A lot. Most of the time, I can reuse my hardware. It's not a lot of money, but it does get rolled into the cost. Why pay for a box of 10 unused tail lights? I don't think I have ever once damaged my tail lights on a GT no matter how horrendous the crash.

  3. #3
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,524

    Small disappointment

    This is definitely one of the most clearly ironic original posts I have read in the almost eleven years I've been a member of this community.
    The OP is claiming a case of greed and yet complaining about not getting - at no cost - something that was never promised or even hinted at being included with the model. Why would you think that you are owed something more than what you paid for? It's clear you do, or why the complaint of disappointment and "rant"? I don't know why the thinking is that the LEDs make the package complete. But if it does, the owners of many Traxxas vehicles have been horrifically short-changed because these LED items were also not included with their respective models:

    p/n 3686 - Grave Digger
    p/n 5684 - Summit (1/10)
    p/n 6655 - Latrax Alias
    p/n 6784 - Stampede 4x4 VXL
    p/n 7185 - 1/16 E-Revo

    There are probably others, but I think my point is made. There are many optional and upgrade parts available for the Traxxas family of models. Not everybody is interested in all of them. Some owners/purchasers are not interested in any of them. If you do want them, you buy them. Nobody owes you a toy customized to your heart's desire. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-25-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    This is definitely one of the most clearly ironic original posts I have read in the almost eleven years I've been a member of this community.
    The OP is claiming a case of greed and yet complaining about not getting - at no cost - something that was never promised or even hinted at being included with the model. Why would you think that you are owed something more than what you paid for? It's clear you do, or why the complaint of disappointment and "rant"? I don't know why the thinking is that the LEDs make the package complete. But if it does, the owners of many Traxxas vehicles have been horrifically short-changed because these LED items were also not included with their respective models:

    p/n 3686 - Grave Digger
    p/n 5684 - Summit (1/10)
    p/n 6655 - Latrax Alias
    p/n 6784 - Stampede 4x4 VXL
    p/n 7185 - 1/16 E-Revo

    There are probably others, but I think my point is made. There are many optional and upgrade parts available for the Traxxas family of models. Not everybody is interested in all of them. Some owners/purchasers are not interested in any of them. If you do want them, you buy them. Nobody owes you a toy customized to your heart's desire. It's as simple as that.
    Where did I ever say I was talking about led's? I'm talking about the empty space where the red tail lights and tail pipes should be. They come in the clear body so why wouldn't they come in a pre painted body. I'm not asking for anything for free. It should say in the description that you need optional parts. Even when you click optional parts for the gt body it doesn't come up. So how about you do some research and know what it is your talking about befor posting.

  5. #5
    RC Champion Dcuda69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,953
    I'll agree with the OP as well. No where does it say you need to buy tail lights and exhaust tips separate while the unpainted body clearly states what comes with it. At $100 for a painted body I would also expect it to be complete or at least clearly state what is required to complete it.

    https://traxxas.com/products/models/...?t=accessories

    Traxxas dropped the ball there( at the very least the webpage needs tweaking) Worst part is....it's only $5 for the pieces but it'll cost $5 to ship them. Just like the 2 spurs I bought from here...$6 in parts,$5 for the envelope to get them here.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

  6. #6
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,524
    Quote Originally Posted by silverZ28 View Post
    Where did I ever say I was talking about led's? I'm talking about the empty space where the red tail lights and tail pipes should be. They come in the clear body so why wouldn't they come in a pre painted body. I'm not asking for anything for free. It should say in the description that you need optional parts. Even when you click optional parts for the gt body it doesn't come up. So how about you do some research and know what it is your talking about befor posting.
    Okay, you are correct: I missed the exact topic of your complaint. Yep, I was wrong about that. I will add that given the above, there’s a fair chance that I misconstrued your complaint. If I did and if that caused you to feel slighted or insulted, I offer my sincere apology. I am sorry for that.
    I still contend that my arguments hold. I truly do not think greed that is the source of the parsing of the body and part number 8314.
    We’ve been asking Traxxas for kits and to separate out parts for what seems like forever. They did in this case and I t didn’t work out for you. For that I’m sure many sympathize.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  7. #7
    RC Racer SilentRunner007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    196
    Think this topic was misread a bit. He bought a VXL(no body) and spent an extra 100.00 on a pre-painted body. I would be a bit disappointed too when that showed up without the stock tail light assemblies and tail pipes. Find it a bit bizarre to be included with the unpainted body but not with the painted. For the price those items should come with it or as Dcuda mentioned the website should state they are not included.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

  8. #8
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,524

    Small disappointment

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    Think this topic was misread a bit. He bought a VXL(no body) and spent an extra 100.00 on a pre-painted body. I would be a bit disappointed too when that showed up without the stock tail light assemblies and tail pipes. Find it a bit bizarre to be included with the unpainted body but not with the painted. For the price those items should come with it or as Dcuda mentioned the website should state they are not included.
    Got that now. See above.
    The complaint would hae more credibility if it related to unclear information rather than an accusation of greed.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-25-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  9. #9
    RC Racer SilentRunner007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Got that now. See above.
    The complaint would hold more credibility if it related to unclear information rather than an accusation of greed.
    You must have been in the middle of posting at the same time as me lol
    After spending that kind of money I think it is understandable if he is a bit bent and if I were sitting in his shoes I might think it a bit greedy too. It is similar to buying a 1:1 vehicle and finding out you have to pay(even if it is a small amount) to get something trivial that should be included. Silver's post while may not have been properly detailed or clear to everybody is valid. I don't know if you have a line to Traxxas or maybe if E-maxx pops back in to this thread that they can at least update the website stating that the tail lights and tail pipes are not included with the painted bodies. It is a minor but for a consumer potentially irritating detail.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

  10. #10
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,524
    While that may or may not be true, do you believe greed is the motive? If it was, wouldn’t Traxxas just include the parts and charge everybody the additional $5? Wouldn’t that be the most lucrative scenario?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    58
    I guess my post could have been a little clearer. As silent stated above, if traxxas would have made it clear it wasn't included I would have bought it when I placed my order. It was more about I just paid a premium for a body and then when it comes in you realize there's more to buy. I could have paid less for a killerbody rc and had more detail. Don't get me wrong I love traxxas and always have been satisfied. I have 6 traxxas products and I'm sure I will have more. This is the first time I felt traxxas dropped the ball in there description.

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,352
    it's a toy car, lol

    and while yes, I have been quite upset with traxxas before, at the end of the day, it's a toy car, and isn't essential....that's why it's been played with once, this month.....
    Last edited by jimbo74; 09-26-2017 at 03:51 AM.

  13. #13
    RC Racer SilentRunner007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    196
    Jimbo a "toy" car?! Blasphemy!! LOL! My Mrs refers to them as toys and I cringe very time I hear it. These are not toy store vehicles

    I will keep the "G" word out of it because there is too much focus on it. For instance at work (keeping it very basic here)I sell you a set of brake pads. Now unless you bought our "premium" pads they do not include brake lubricant. So now I sell you a small packet of brake lubricant at $1.50. It is a trivial amount but one that completes the job(again i am keeping this very basic). Now say I sell 10 sets of pads... If I sell that package of $1.50 grease with all of them that is $15.00 that is "add on" sales for the company. Now say everybody in all our stores is such an awesome salesperson(LOL) and they sell 10 each per day too. For the sake of argument say we have 1000 stores. That is a potential $15000.00 PER DAY selling something that makes the job complete. That is no small nugget of jingle there folks. It is done intentionally as a way to increase profits. Again this is a trivial amount that adds up but also one that is important as it really is a needed item. Now if part number 8314 is required to complete a painted body for those that don't have a body already at $5.00 a pop that can add up too. I have no clue what the real sales numbers are but if they are intentionally not included that could be a reason why. I haven't looked but this is the first time I heard of the body not including the lights and tail pipes. I also haven't seen any sellers of these bodies mentioning they do not come with these items. For all purposes this could have been a production error and they are supposed to be included. As I said before that if they are not included it should be stated on the website. Would it be a deal breaker to spend the $5.00 on these if it is extra? Absolutely not but I would like to know that before I did order a body.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •