Thread: XO-1 batteries?

RC Competitor

XO-1 batteries?

Anyone have any issues with the Traxxas 3s batteries with a stock(or with speed pinion/spur) setup?

RC Qualifier
    I never used the Traxxas ID batteries in my XO-1. I just use the old nonX versions in mine and have had no problems. Even at 100+ mph.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

where to buy . I have battery with top plug in . 2 female on battery & 2 male on adapter . help appreciated . steve

DJF , thanks for the info ......... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I never used the Traxxas ID batteries in my XO-1. I just use the old nonX versions in mine and have had no problems.
    I second that emotion.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    I've been doing research on the XO-1 Remote Controlled Car. I have seen many RC enthusiasts open the box and either find the car with batteries included or excluded. I have one simple question. Does the XO-1 come with batteries or not?

Batteries and charger sold separately. If I recall there was a time when it did come with batteries.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Batteries and charger sold separately. If I recall there was a time when it did come with batteries.
    Yep. Mine was a first gen, and it did.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post

Yep, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post

Yep, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    where to buy . I have battery with top plug in . 2 female on battery & 2 male on adapter . help appreciated . steve
    No offense to anyone here, but don't buy the traxxas 3s lipos. You can do better for the price. You can get smc lipos with double the C rating for the same money, or less.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymesis View Post
    Anyone have any issues with the Traxxas 3s batteries with a stock(or with speed pinion/spur) setup?
    I use the TRAXXAS ID 5000Mah 25C 3Cell Lipos in my XO-1 with no issues

No offense to anyone here, but don't buy the traxxas 3s lipos. You can do better for the price. You can get smc lipos with double the C rating for the same money, or less.
    It's a shame, but you are definitely right. The only advantage Traxxas has with their batteries (along with their battery chargers) is they make it very easy for the "New Guy" to be safe. Unfortunately, when a guy grows out of being a "New Guy" (with the way Traxxas is with their batteries and chargers) Traxxas has nothing to be competitive with when their "New Guy" customers become more experienced.

I also, see this with some of the newer Traxxas models coming out; such as the Xmaxx, Summit, new Revo, and the new UDR. Traxxas should lean more with how their XO-1 and Emaxx are laid out. Both can be kept stock for the "New Guys", and both can be modified to allow the model to grow along with their owner's increasing experience.

A good example of this was when the Xmaxx first came out. As cool as it was, I (a lot of us) couldn't go with it, because I (we) new it was going to have electronic problems due it having similarly good 6s electronics as the Emaxx...but, with the Xmaxx having twice the Emaxx's weight.

It wasn't until Mr. Vipe showed us all how he was able to change the Traxxas proprietary 6s electronics with Castle (or Leopard) electronics that I (a lot of us) could consider buying one. (IMO) if it wasn't for Mr. Vipe, I don't think the Xmaxx would of worked out as well.

Anyway, I hope in the future that Traxxas will, not only think about the "New Guys", but will also keep us more experienced "Old Guys" in mind too. I hope so, because I like all my Traxxas stuff, and I've had a lot of fun with their products, parts availability and customer service.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Yeah. The traxxas batteries are probably truly the best 25c batteries you can get, and they are good batteries for being included with a model. But, as a battery purchase, they are still only 25c. You can buy great SMC 50c packs for less. They don't make sense at all as a standalone battery purchase.

is 11.1 vdc ok to use on a mamba monster 2 esc ? ....................

RC Qualifier
    Yes you should be able to use it without issues
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

ive read where less voltage going to the bec is best ? was what I read good info ?

on batteries : explain the difference between 20c - 25c - 50c - etc ..... thanks

RC Qualifier
    To answer your question the c-rating is the rating of how much power that the battery can discharge/flow. There are constant and short burst ratings. Think volts is the battery power and amps is the flow amount.
    There once was a time when companies used real data on their products. Today in the LiPo battery industry the c-rating is inflated. Traxxas 25c batteries are comparable to other companies 75c batteries.
    It is all a sales gimmick and to compete even the honest companies started artificially pumping up that c-rating number.

I'll agree with the SMC comments already stated although their c-rating is about 1/2 advertised.