RC poster

Angry Android Upgrade and TQi Link

I've been using the Traxxas link and app this summer and once I became confident with the app I decided I wouldn't switch for anything. I still wouldn't. But has anyone noticed a problem with their TQi radio and Android link lately? My Samsung S5 started notifying me to upgrade the operating system a month ago and after putting up with the nag screens for so long I gave in and did the upgrade. Guess what? My TQi radio can no longer connect through bluetooth to the phone.
    As an experiment, I downloaded the app onto my iPad and tried connecting it to the radio. Once I touched the 'Connect' button the two devices connected instantly. There wasn't a second of hesitation. This tells me the problem is indefinably not with the traxxas module but that the fault lays entirly with Android and their recent upgrade.
    Does anyone agree? What sort of other problems have occurred? What's the best course of action, here?

This is a well known problem. Contact Traxxas to make arrangements to
    send in your bluetooth module for a re-flash.

RC poster
    Why is the fault in the Traxxas module and not with the android upgrade? My units worked flawlessly until the o.s. upgrade.

RC poster
    This .
    You know, if I say what I want to say about Traxxas right now I'll get kicked out of this forum.
    Last edited by Buskboy; 09-29-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buskboy View Post
    Why is the fault in the Traxxas module and not with the android upgrade? My units worked flawlessly until the o.s. upgrade.
    It's up to Traxxas to keep their apps and equipment updated, not Android. They updated
    my three modules and now they work fine. Case closed.

RC poster
    Just emailed traxxas support, for a re-flash my bluetooth modle
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I spoke to Traxxas rep last week and they said all new modules are being shipped with the fix for Android. I just ordered one but not holding much hope for it being a new unit as I'm in Europe. Guess I'll be sending it back if it doesn't work with Android 7.1...