RC Competitor

Xmaxx or Erevo brushless?

I've been in the hobby for a long time. I have two tmaxxs, a summit, slash 4x4, and more.
    I'm looking for a truck that will he Able to put batteries in and bash.
    I would build the erevo up for it, but the cost would be around an xmaxx.
    So out of the box on 8s,or 6s, is the xmaxx a basher that you can throw some batteries in and go? Or do you have to do some upgrades to prevent the diffs from destorying?

- Zach

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RC Racer

Xmaxx or Erevo brushless?

Zack get the X-Maxx. Like you, I too have been in the hobby for a long time. Have had them all.. I just bought the X-Maxx last week and was finally able to get the time to run it this past weekend. Ran the x back to back with my erbe and had way more fun with the x! The thing handles and soaks up the bumps effortlessly. A real pleasure to drive!
    Truck seems bulletproof! Takes a beating very well.
    Out of the box it is geared a little low in my opinion. Im going to put the included 46tooth ďspeedĒ spur gear on and see how she goes!
    Iím running 8s with SMC 9200mha 90c lipos.
    I am having an issue with the truck however. It randomly seems to glitch. Like it hits the brakes for a Fraction of a second when Iím driving it. I contacted Traxxas about it and they want me to send my ESC in for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pontiacHP; 10-02-2017 at 11:02 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Zack get the X-Maxx. Like you, I too have been in the hobby for a long time. Have had them all.. I just bought the X-Maxx last week and was finally able to get the time to run it this past weekend. Ran the x back to back with my erbe and had way more fun with the x! The thing handles and soaks up the bumps effortlessly. A real pleasure to drive!
    Truck seems bulletproof! Takes a beating very well.
    Out of the box it is geared a little low in my opinion. Im going to put the included 46tooth “speed” spur gear on and see how she goes!
    I’m running 8s with SMC 9200mha 90c lipos.
    I am having an issue with the truck however. It randomly seems to glitch. Like it hits the brakes for a Fraction of a second when I’m driving it. I contacted Traxxas about it and they want me to send my ESC in for repair.

I updated the firmware on mine which helped a lot. I occasionally get a glitch now, but not like it was doing when I first purchased it. You will need to purchase a Traxxas Link Bluetooth wireless module (about 30 bucks), then download the Traxxas Link app. It will update it from there.

RC Racer
    Wow thanks for the tip! I will do just that! I wonder why traxxas customer support didnít suggest that?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacHP View Post
    Wow thanks for the tip! I will do just that! I wonder why traxxas customer support didn’t suggest that?

I was having the same issue. I never called support. Another thread on here someone said it worked for them so I figured I would give it a shot. It worked.

RC Competitor
    Thank you guys for your advice!
    I noticed you guys talked about the difference between the 6s and 8s. What all is the difference?

- Zach

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Zach The 6S is the first version of the Xmaxx. I believe they discontinued it and only make the 8s.

RC Enthusiast
    Ive been out of the hobby forever now but ive owned numerous e-maxx's and e-revos brushed and brushless im really excited to pick up my x-maxx this weekend and see what its like to have such a big truck! Are you picking up a used or new one

RC Qualifier
    imho its really apples and oranges. it doesnt really make sense to compare those two. 1/8 scale cars and 1/6 scale cars are more of complementaries than substitutes in my opinion. there are so many factors to consider that only you can evaluate on your own for yourself.

i for myself wouldn't want to miss my e revos neither the x maxx. they are all so much fun.
    Exercitatio artem paravit

RC Competitor
    X-maxx all the way!

RC poster
    Own both Erevo and X-Maxx and both are great cars. I have spent more $$$ revo upgrades (Tbone bumpers/RPM Arms/Carrier/Aluminum Pushrods/MIP shafts/rebuilding transmission/Proline trenchers/fans/etc) and it's fast. On a flip side, X-Maxx (Tbone bumper/RPM ARMS w/GS025, Threaded Hinge Pin/Oversized Rear Axle Carriers/Harding the body Shoe Goo) upgrades. Fully stock inside and it's a beast!!! You won't go wrong with X-MAXX. It's a different category beast!

RC Enthusiast
    Ive owned almost 7 erevos at different times and i JUST bought my x-maxx friday i will tell you the e-revo is a great truck but i wouldnt ever go back. The x-maxx is just a different style of monster.