RC poster

Slash idle problems

I posted a topic before this i can't figure out how to edit I missed spelled somethings. OK anyways I have a Traxxas slash 3.3 2wd. I believe I have it tuned write. But the idle sounds high to me. And when I back the screw off counter clockwise the idle does not seem to change. And also when it's running if I pick the truck up the RPMs get higher in the wheel starts to spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer

Slash idle problems

With the engine off and the electronics on. remove the air filter assembly and look at the gap between the barrel slide and the carburetor throat. Turn your throttle trim (on the transmitter) backwards to see if the barrel closed some. If it did, your throttle trim was set too high. If it didnít, back your idle screw out a little. I hope this helps!

0.7-1.0mm open for the idle gap. Then leave it. What you are describing is an indication that the LSN is lean. Richen it just a little bit.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas nitro01 View Post
    I posted a topic before this i can't figure out how to edit I missed spelled somethings. OK anyways I have a Traxxas slash 3.3 2wd. I believe I have it tuned write. But the idle sounds high to me. And when I back the screw off counter clockwise the idle does not seem to change. And also when it's running if I pick the truck up the RPMs get higher in the wheel starts to spin.

With your engine not running, transmitter on, truck on, pull the throttle
    back and then slowly return it to neutral. Now, while watching the throttle
    slide, apply the brakes, if it moves in even a tiny bit your throttle linkage
    and spring pressure need to be readjusted.