RC poster

New to RC world, I have a 8s Xmaxx

New to RC world and have a 8s Xmaxx. Iíve taken out for at least 5-6 runs and of course flip it,bang it pretty good. Nothing broken at this time but wanted to know what extra parts should I have on hand and a good tool kit to be able to replace any parts that may break?

Thanks for all and/or any input!

RC Competitor
    As far as a tool kit spent the money. The MIP Thorp wrenches are amazing. Getting a good set of tools first time around is WAY worth it. Nothing is more frustrating than wrenching on your truck and your tools suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Yep, definitely spring for nice tools. And like Bluelightning2 said, Invest in any electric screwdriver. Youíll be glad you did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    100% agree with getting washers to secure the body to the roll cage. My first couple runs I ripped the body mount screws right out. If you want to save some $$ go to Lowes and you can get a 8 pack of washers for 1.00 if you dont need the black, I kinda like the metal look of the washers after I got them put on. Grats on your new truck

RC poster
    Paint the cheap washers and hot glue them in place - the glue molds to the body shape for even distribution of force...Parts and tools just buy as you go...
    If you must spend coin, BUY TIRES as these tear AND wear...and will empty your pockets - lucky the truck is solid otherwise. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ive ripped both 6 and 8s tires but guess it depends on location and luck.
    ...Save your coin and see.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    The body washers are a good idea...my body is pretty damaged in the 3 months I've owned my 8s xmaxxx....Also the rear bumper area of the body cracks too....Mine is so worn from sliding on its roof that its almost worn through in a couple areas, but I do drive mostly on pavement...

Tires....my 8s tires didn't last too long before they ripped...get the prolines....well worth the investment....they are much stronger and wear better too

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaXX209 View Post
    The body washers are a good idea...my body is pretty damaged in the 3 months I've owned my 8s xmaxxx....Also the rear bumper area of the body cracks too....Mine is so worn from sliding on its roof that its almost worn through in a couple areas, but I do drive mostly on pavement...

Tires....my 8s tires didn't last too long before they ripped...get the prolines....well worth the investment....they are much stronger and wear better too
    For you and the original poster, I recommend doing the following to strengthen the body to prevent from wearing holes in the roof:

There is another video in my main X-Maxx thread on this forum that shows the broken parts that I went through last year on 6S. I would use that as a guide for spare parts.
    Last edited by drivejumpfly; 10-07-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours