RC Enthusiast

Front and rear wheels locking up

Earlier today got done replacing a T-Maxx bulkheads the truck back together I put the A-Arms everything on put the wheels and motors transmission and went to try to roll it and both back and front wheels locked in place

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon17parker View Post
    Earlier today got done replacing a T-Maxx bulkheads the truck back together I put the A-Arms everything on put the wheels and motors transmission and went to try to roll it and both back and front wheels locked in place
    Sounds like you have a differential in backwards, check this picture, it shows the front, make sure it is that way and the rear one is opposite of it.
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...is_shot4_b.jpg
    Last edited by BrickitSAM; 10-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Okay just rolled the truck around with the front wheels off the ground and the front wheels roll backwards that means the differentials upside down

One of them is. Another way to tell is to spin the spur gear the way the engine would spin it and (assuming transmission is in forward or forward-only) the tires going backwards will need the diff flipped.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Okay fix it

RC Enthusiast
    Okay fix it

You can also tell by comparing the exploded views and look which way the screws that hold the case of the diff are facing. I've known a few guys who put both diffs an backwards and was actually running their truck in reverse but going forward.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    Haha, I actually did that, until I realized I was driving my car in reverse for about a week.
    I highely recommend a FOC though, mine work sooo much better now

RC Enthusiast
    T Maxx is pulling into the last one takeoff haha throttle

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    You can also tell by comparing the exploded views and look which way the screws that hold the case of the diff are facing. I've known a few guys who put both diffs an backwards and was actually running their truck in reverse but going forward.
    Can you please explain this further? I am currently working on a T-Maxx which I picked up used for a great price. I have pulled it apart and going through it and replacing what is needed and I would really like to make sure that everything is as it should be when I am finished.
    This would be my 1st T-Maxx, my other truck is a Revo 3.3 which has an Up marking with an arrow on the diffs which identify orientation and makes it easy to get them right. It sounds like the T-Maxx is not the same.
    Thank you in advance for your help and advice,
    Tom

Look at the diff from the bumper side when it is sitting in the bulkhead. The screw heads will be visible on the right side.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-15-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    The Super Derecho