Thread: What bodies...

What bodies...

What after market bodies are available for this chassis?
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Enthusiast
    have you selected a body for your 4tec 2.0 bodies from hpi could be cheaper vaterra might have one there are many to choose from

RC Qualifier
    Any 190MM touring car body should work fine. There will be extra trimming & light mod's to make the body fit. Me & My Step Son did a Truck body from HPI I believe it was a 200mm body a wile back. For his Friends truck & we had to fab rear mounting body posts for that truck but it worked out pretty good.... In my own thoughts you can make any 190mm or 200mm body fit a 1/10th Rig

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    What after market bodies are available for this chassis?
    I would guess there are close to 300 different 190mm or 200mm bodies that will fit a 4-Tec. Many are out of production now, but you can still find them in hobby shops or online.

This is my favorite so far...
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 10-11-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Will this fit the 4 tec 2.0 chassis? https://www.amazon.com/Killerbody-48...+body+corvette I wanna find bodies that don't cost 100$ for the ford gt.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    Will this fit the 4 tec 2.0 chassis? https://www.amazon.com/Killerbody-48...+body+corvette I wanna find bodies that don't cost 100$ for the ford gt.
    Looks like it will it but you will probly have to ream out different body mounting holes. I don't think it will be a direct fit. But with some light mod's it should work fine.... As long as it's a 190mm or 200mm body it should work OK like I said before 190mm & 200mm body's made today will fit just about any 1/10th scale Ride... BUT WITH MODS DONE TO FIT

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    Looks like it will it but you will probly have to ream out different body mounting holes. I don't think it will be a direct fit.
    I've mounted four bodies and every one was from a different manufacturer. So far, I have not needed any new mounting holes. The adjustable body mounts are pretty amazing IMO. I'm sure there are some bodies that won't line up, but I haven't found one yet. The mounts have enough adjustability to accommodate almost anything.

RC poster
    I'll need to make more careful measurements tonight, but I noticed when I put 0 offset wheels on all 4 corners and dropped a 190mm body on my 4Tec 2.0 the rear track is a bit more narrow than the front. It's making me think that I'd need to run +3 mm offset wheels on the rear to match or slightly exceed the front. Perhaps it's designed around the stock setup wherein the rear tires are significantly wider than the front? I no longer have a touring car setup board so my recent measurements weren't exactly precise. Can anyone else put 4 wheels with the same offset on each corner and measure their track width?

RC Qualifier
    It is not as wide in the back. I tried the rustler front hexes but that was not enough. Have not been able to find one that is perfect, but I found some on eBay that are 17mm offset and they work great with contact foams and 200mm body. I think 15mm offset would be better but I can find any that fit without drilling something out. Widening the rear had been a mission of mine. I hope somebody like rpm or strc make wider rear arms with longer dogbones. In the flip side... having the back narrower might make it more stable at high speeds...

RC poster
    Hmm. So now I'm left wondering how VTA wheels would fill out a 190mm body? I want to know my options for whenever the stock 4Tec 2.0 tires are on backorder. I've been burned too many times in the past running vehicles with limited tire options.

RC Qualifier

Here is mine with vta wheels and 200mm body. The rear wheels were still inside the body. It will probably look pretty good with 190mm body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help guys! If anyone else has any advice on what bodies work best feel free to let me know!