RC poster

Rockers: Stock or After Market

Just stripped out a front rocker after working on my shock. Does anyone have any opinions on some after market rockers or should I stay stock?

My only problem with stock is that plastic does strip pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    stay stock and be careful next time
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"

RC Enthusiast
    Ham fisted wrenching strikes again!! Just gotta respect the amount of force applied to the screws.

I have integy P2 rockers on all 3 of my revos. Got tired of busting the rockers in half.

Integy rockers are horrible for fitment. On 2 of my trucks, I literally ground out the bearing recesses by hand with a dremel until I could tighten down the pivot post screw without pinching the bearing. Then when I got my ERBE, I busted a rocker, then gave in and ordered another set of integy's while dreading the painstaking 2 hours of grinding/testing/grinding/testing to install them.

While I was looking at them, it dawned on me that if I stacked a couple inner bearing races (or 1 with shims), I could space the race of the bearing just a hair thicker than the integy rocker recess, then tighten the screw down without causing side load on the bearings. That was way less hassle. If I remember right, the fronts fit ok without any fiddling, but the rears required spacers/shimming. Still, was better than grinding/testing/grinding/testing... lol
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss