RC Racer

How to store vehicles ?

I will need to store my rc vehicles in my detached garage this winter and wanted to know if my batteries and nitro cars will be ok out there in the freezing temps over the winter or do I need to store the batteries indoors I have always stored them in my basement where it's always warm and dry any advice would be great thanks

Store them were it is cool but not a deep-freeze. Hypocritically I don't bring my batteries in from my detached garage during winter. I make sure that the lipos are at storage voltage and top off or cycle the nimh ones.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I live in the northeast and winters can get very cold at times can even go below 0 at times will this damage my batteries ?

RC Racer
    You may develop rust on bearings and other metal parts from "sweat" when the temps warm up and cool down. I have that issues with some tools left in my work van during the winter months.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Antnand78 View Post
    I live in the northeast and winters can get very cold at times can even go below 0 at times will this damage my batteries ?
    << Midwest.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Yup that's what I am worried about I guess I am going to have to come up with a better place to store them

Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    You may develop rust on bearings and other metal parts from "sweat" when the temps warm up and cool down. I have that issues with some tools left in my work van during the winter months.

I can see that where the van sits outside in sub-freezing temps and then the interior warms up in the sun and/or from the heater. At least inside my unheated garage there is not that drastic of a temp change to cause that issue and the coldest it would get (edit: in the garage, external temps reach down to -teens/twenties) is 20-25 during a January cold-snap.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-16-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I can see that where the van sits outside in sub-freezing temps and then the interior warms up in the sun and/or from the heater. At least inside my unheated garage there is not that drastic of a temp change to cause that issue and the coldest it would get would be 20-25 during a January cold-snap.
    True. All depends on where you live. My cold snaps are -40C and we can have temp changes where its -40C to 0C in a matter of days and back again.

Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Champion
    Woah where do you live? Even Quebec doesn't see such drastic changes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    LiPo packs sleep in my refrigerator. If I had to contend with freezing weather, the RC trucks would be in a comfy closet.

Better yet --- move.
    Obstacle Magnet

Idk bout batts mine are stored on desk in man-cave/rc room in basement. How ever i do try to store elevated as much as possible. I make these stands outta boxes they come in when you purchase them. So tires dont develop flat spots or get arm sag, etc.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Those look cool briber. Way to reuse and recycle lol

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Those look cool briber. Way to reuse and recycle lol
    Thanks, on one, I used a box with lid, laid on its side, so it can be opened and used for storage.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...