RC Qualifier

Possible Clutch Shoe Issue

I got this N-Pede over a year now doing my 2nd run on it (first run was fun, but I broke a camber rod end and finally had to time to fix it) yesterday and during the run it picked speed and then died in the grass. It started up ok, but it kept on going without any throttle apply to it. So first thing first I check the idle screw. There was no change in speed and the wheels won't stop moving. Also as I started the engine, the truck was trying to move forward before ignition and was like that during the after run procedure cycling the after run oil in engine. The engine will stop if the moving wheels hit the ground, but will run if I give the truck enough momentum. Apply enough brakes force to it and the engine will stop as well.

I think the spring holding the clutch shoes together has ether come undone, damaged or has broke, but before I start taking things apart since this is my first nitro I want to know if that's the case and any other common issues that I may not know yet.

Thanks .
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Yep. Classic signs.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    After taking the clutch bell apart one of the ends of the spring is broken so while I'll be just getting the stock replacement, are there different options for the clutch shoes/spring like more durable spring?
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Most springs are the same some just wear out defective at times, good to get a few extra and have a decent ampunt of extra parts when you replace them get 2 or 3 extra.
    DEU 8:18 ESV