Thread: On road tires?

RC Competitor

On road tires?

Ok, so I have a slash 2wd (all stock as of now) and I wanted some on road tires so the off road stock ones wouldn't get worn down super fast. All I would do is just some bashing, no speed runs or racing. Is it a good decision to get on road tires/wheels, and if so what would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance
    Whoops! Time to order more parts!

RC Enthusiast
    Hm, I'm kind off wondering the same thing

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

I run the Pro-Line split six bead lock wheels with either Street Fighters for on road use and whatever I choose to run on the track. Picture is of Badlands. With the headlock wheels itís six screws to change tires no tire glue. I like them so much I bought a couple sets just so I can keep my most used tires on a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For on road use I just use stock. But I'm only on road about 20% of my bashing time. Everything else it's badlands all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    "I have a slash 2wd (all stock as of now) and I wanted some on road tires so the off road stock ones wouldn't get worn down super fast."

I don't use the stock tires for anything.

For street running, I like JConcepts G-Locs.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    We use Traxxas Anaconda tires for our on road and oval racing. i have 3 sets of them and they have served me well.

RC Enthusiast
    I wanted the Anaconda Tires for my Slash VXL 2WD! Did you happen to find them mounted on decent wheels? I want a full set cause I spend 85-90% of run-time doing high speed passes (to me, High Speed is 50-70mph) ( I know, I know...). I have a full set of Badlands out for delivery this weekend and trying them out in the California powder at Lake Tahoe in 4 days!
    "Lead, follow or get out of the way".