RC Enthusiast

How is binding accomplished?

Is it some sort of RF ID with millions of codes so that statistically other drones flying in the area will not interfere with each other. I have doubts since lost link many times when flying over WIFI, cell phone or smartphone activity. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if 2 Atons were flying at the same time that one transmitter could overpower the another resulting in link loss or RTHs.

Does anyone have any insight on how WiFi is setup and transmitted with the Aton? Is the 2.4Ghz a carrier frequency pulse modulated by duration data? And beyond that, what is the format of the data stream transmitted. Do all Atons operate at the same carrier frequency? There should be a better way to communicate than WIFI. Any comments would be greatly appreciated....

RC Enthusiast
    I seriously doubt any Aton transmitter could overpower another one.
    I am a member (founder) of a 1/14 scale model truck club and we have had 12 to 14 trucks moving in our display area and had no issues, if it could happen that is when you would see it. All our models run with 2.4Ghz radios.
    Regards,
    Bill Randall
    Perth, Western Australia

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Bill, I have no doubt about what you are saying but if one Tx had lots more power than the others, then it may overpower the others? I'm only going by what I observe when flying around people with smart phones or home WiFi routers. IWhen someone approached me while flying, my quad lost link and Return to Home was auto initiated. After trying to re-link several times, I asked if he had a smart phone anywhere. He answered, yes in my pocket and my WiFi is turned On. After he turned his WiFi Off, I was able to re-link and continue flying. Still, I have not received an answer on how this link is established. There must be a unique key code that is programmed to marry the TX to the RX....

Thanks,
    Ernie
    Palm Bay, FL

RC Enthusiast
    I've flown 2 Atons side by side (myself & another pilot) with no problems however, the owners manual does talk about external interference under safety precautions on pg. 5. This article may be the kind of information you're looking for. Didn't read the whole thing (multiple web pages) but it seems to go into a lot of detail about 2.4GHz Radio Control. http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/spreadspectrum01.shtml