RC Competitor

Gear Set for 2085X Servo

Anyone know if Traxxas will be making a gear set available for the 2085X servo? I damaged the bit that the servo horn connects to, so I've been using the old plastics ones. Unfortunately they don't seem to be strong enough when used with the metal gears. From what I've seen, the non-genuine metal gear sets don't come with that part either.

MartyB

RC Competitor
    I am also interested in this and hope they do come out with the gear set.
    Since they don't have the part officially, might be worth while contacting traxxas and maybe they can help you out!

RC Competitor
    Hi All. It's been a while since this post, and Traxxas still doesn't sell a gear set for the 2085X servo. I can't get the aluminium replacement part I need (the bit that the servo horn connects to) so I just have to keep buying the plastic gear sets and using them until this part fails. I've just installed my fifth one, and I'm getting sick of having to pull the whole front end off each time I have to replace it. I contacted Traxxas 6 months ago and was told that they had no plans to sell a metal gear set for the 2085 servo. anyone got any suggestions? Aftermarket metal gear sets (e.g. Hot Racing) don't come with this part.

RC Racer
    I had the same problem. thought outgoing shaft was broken, then i contacted Traxxas who sent a new gear set.
    Put everything together again, Someting just spinning around in the servo.
    Hold on for a while when I found this. The pressed in gear had been released from the other gear.
    Replace it and it will be fine again.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the reply Painter, but my problem was definitely the outgoing gear - a section of teeth on the larger aluminium base section were stripped off.