Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Grips Pede build

I just installed the traxxas aluminum motor mount. The motor is a GoolRC 2600kv 4 pole brushless motor. The esc is the hobbywing sc8 wp, 120amp variety. The center driveshaft is the Tekno big bone. All axles are Tekno M6's. Aluminum hubs mate up to the HR 17mm conversion kit. The wheels are Proline and the tires are Proline Badlands MX28's. Rear bumper is TBone racing. All shock protectors are new mounted on new RPM A arms. I'm running 17/50 gearing. Shocks are big bores with 60wt oil and integy springs. I have been running XT90 connectors for a while so I stuck with them. The rear body mount is from a 2wd Bigfoot, this way I can run my Proline caps and which ever body I choose.
    Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 10-26-2017 at 02:23 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

I just installed the traxxas aluminum motor mount. The motor is a GoolRC 2600kv 4 pole brushless motor. The esc is the hobbywing sc8 wp, 120amp variety. The center driveshaft is the Tekno big bone. All axles are Tekno M6's. Aluminum hubs mate up to the HR 17mm conversion kit. The wheels are Proline and the tires are Proline Badlands MX28's. Rear bumper is TBone racing. All shock protectors are new mounted on new RPM A arms. I'm running 17/50 gearing. Shocks are big bores with 60wt oil and integy springs. I have been running XT90 connectors for a while so I stuck with them.
    Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions.
    Sick truck grip. I really like the square body Chevy body. The color is great too. My trucks color scheme is blank and blue so I'll probably need to borrow the color. How are those tires? I plan on doing the same combo. Kinda nervous about glueing my own tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dashfordx View Post
    Sick truck grip. I really like the square body Chevy body. The color is great too. My trucks color scheme is blank and blue so I'll probably need to borrow the color. How are those tires? I plan on doing the same combo. Kinda nervous about glueing my own tires.

I did mine. One is not perfect. Perfect enough though. The blue is Metallic blue from duratrax. I like it very much.
    Thanks for the compliment.

RC Racer
    I did mine. One is not perfect. Perfect enough though. The blue is Metallic blue from duratrax. I like it very much.
    Blue is my favorite color and the aluminum blue thats on Traxxas parts and the stock motor is such a pretty color. I'd like to add some more aluminum to my truck

Thays a nice lookin truck grip. Thats the setup im lookin at for my p4de as well. Goin purple and silver on mine

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Initial run. No motor fan. 17/50. 4S. FAST. Too fast for the pede off-road. Thank god I taped the tires. After grass and asphalt 10 minutes plus the temps were a hair above 140. My 3S is charging. I will test it on 3S. I bet that'll be the sweet spot. I'll swap pinions down to 14 and recheck temps soon. This motor combo is very impressive, especially for the price. Can wait to hit some dirt. I was pulling wheelies going around 30 I'd say. I'll charge the 3S and 4S and get some video footage, on and off-road.

Looking good... since you have the same exact ESC/MOTOR setup as me, i tell you, its straight up stupified with a 4s lipo.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Initial run. No motor fan. 17/50. 4S. FAST. Too fast for the pede off-road. Thank god I taped the tires. After grass and asphalt 10 minutes plus the temps were a hair above 140. My 3S is charging. I will test it on 3S. I bet that'll be the sweet spot. I'll swap pinions down to 14 and recheck temps soon. This motor combo is very impressive, especially for the price. Can wait to hit some dirt. I was pulling wheelies going around 30 I'd say. I'll charge the 3S and 4S and get some video footage, on and off-road.

Looking good Grip. One day, I might build a truck like that. Not going to give away the motor size and all. I thought that was a metallic blue. Nice choice sir.

Always looking forward to the vids.......... well done!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    Looking good... since you have the same exact ESC/MOTOR setup as me, i tell you, its straight up stupified with a 4s lipo.
    It is. I agree.

yep. good motor. unbeatable for the low price of 22 bucks. gonna put this bad boy in a 3906 E-Maxx.
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    yep. good motor. unbeatable for the low price of 22 bucks. gonna put this bad boy in a 3906 E-Maxx.
    I'm thinking that's too big of a vehicle for this motor.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Gripdog7205 got a P4de dats all sexy!

I run Castle Monster & 2650 in my P4de with those same stooopid big MX28 shoes.
    Obstacle Magnet

Grips Pede build

I'm thinking that's too big of a vehicle for this motor.
    Itís the original emaxx so it has a short chassis and is slightly smaller than the current model. A velineon 3500 can push it fine so I figure the GoolRc motor will do great

Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    Itís the original emaxx so it has a short chassis and is slightly smaller than the current model. A velineon 3500 can push it fine so I figure the GoolRc motor will do great

For some reason I thought it was 1/8 scale. The 550 can 2600 is a beast on 3S and 4s

RC Enthusiast
    Looks fantastic Grip. How do you like those floureon batteries?

RC poster
    Love those 67-72 chevy's! Thanks for the help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfoxousman View Post
    Looks fantastic Grip. How do you like those floureon batteries?

People hate on them. I've had a couple and they've been just fine. Not awesome but I've had no issues from them and they're dirty cheap. For good battery tasks I have SMC 4S and 6S.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well so far so good. So far the only breakage has been a steering link. Smacked a rollback dumpster. Kind of hard to steer when the front tires are off the ground. Guy at the LHS said with all this work and you have factory links. He said why, I said why not. I still like to hit dumpsters after all. The breakage was just the plastic, not the link itself. It was quite an impact.

Darn those rollback dumpsters..... always getting in the way when your trying to have some fun.
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Nice pede grip, i like it a lot! Really digging the wheel/tire combo!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Nice pede grip, i like it a lot! Really digging the wheel/tire combo!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    I finally got the 17mm HR hubs. After you guys told me about the 2.8 17mm Prolines I was sold.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    https://youtu.be/owJe8Trih0w
    A quick video of the motor and esc on 3S

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Looking mighty good Grip! Hope she has all the torque you were looking for. It sure doesn't lack anything speed wise, that's for sure. Don't think it lacks the torque either......
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Looking mighty good Grip! Hope she has all the torque you were looking for. It sure doesn't lack anything speed wise, that's for sure. Don't think it lacks the torque either......
    Yeah. I'm happy. And that in the grass. Dirt and gravel will yield even better results.

RC Competitor
    That’s really impressive! Did this Pede start out as a VXL?
    Stampede 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post
    Thatís really impressive! Did this Pede start out as a VXL?
    XL-5 roller when I got it. I dropped in the VXL system. Changed all the fixed camber links to adjustable. It just snowballed from there. This has still been a budget build for me. I've enjoyed it. This vehicle is a great basher.

Wink

XL-5 roller when I got it. I dropped in the VXL system. Changed all the fixed camber links to adjustable. It just snowballed from there. This has still been a budget build for me. I've enjoyed it. This vehicle is a great basher.
    Great for a budget build, from what I have seen..... Wish I knew how to budget my builds. Been bery bery hard for me! OR maybe I never tried, but know I should... Make sense?
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Great for a budget build, from what I have seen..... Wish I knew how to budget my builds. Been bery bery hard for me! OR maybe I never tried, but know I should... Make sense?
    It's a budget build for me. Getting the bellcrank and servo. Should still puts me around 500ish. That doesn't include things like bodies and bearings. So for a highly upgraded pede, being only 50 bucks above new price. We won't bring the Rustler investment up

It's a budget build for me. Getting the bellcrank and servo. Should still puts me around 500ish. That doesn't include things like bodies and bearings. So for a highly upgraded pede, being only 50 bucks above new price. We won't bring the Rustler investment up
    Yeah! I won't comment on mine either! My x might see it and go ballistic, thinking I was spending her money....Pfft LOL
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So geared 17/50 on 3S I got 32.5mph, and on 4S same gearing I got 41.3 mph. Neither battery was fresh though. Not bad numbers. Feels fast for a 4x4 MT.

So geared 17/50 on 3S I got 32.5mph, and on 4S same gearing I got 41.3 mph. Neither battery was fresh though. Not bad numbers. Feels fast for a 4x4 MT.
    For a 4x4 basher. I think those are great speeds. Save the real speed for the rusty Grip!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm happy with it since it came to me as an XL-5 roller in need of love.

I'm happy with it since it came to me as an XL-5 roller in need of love.
    Wait a minute lol....Are you speaking of your wife or the p4de.... I think maybe you are confused.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got a 50 tooth RR steel spur on the way. These trucks, built right, sure are tough.

RC poster
    Still running the same motor esc combo?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethSPST View Post
    Still running the same motor esc combo?
    Same as in HW esc and GoolRC motor. Yes. Itís perfect in this vehicle.

RC Qualifier
    Same as in HW esc and GoolRC motor. Yes. Itís perfect in this vehicle.
    Yep, it's a great budget combo for 3S. For 2S use, Gool RC also has a 3660 3300kV motor (if I'm allowed to mention this).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gotta be honest Iím happy with is motor and esc. For my basher itís great. I would have paid more for the motor. Got enough power to make skip teeth on the spur with a good mesh. Which lead me to my final(hahahaha) upgrade. Steel 50 tooth RR spur. Aluminum bushing, long aluminum pads.

Iím used to the X-Maxx, but this truck is just fun, and tough.

Gotta be honest Iím happy with is motor and esc. For my basher itís great. I would have paid more for the motor. Got enough power to make skip teeth on the spur with a good mesh. Which lead me to my final(hahahaha) upgrade. Steel 50 tooth RR spur. Aluminum bushing, long aluminum pads.

Iím used to the X-Maxx, but this truck is just fun, and tough.
    Before u upgraded to the steel spur n aluminum pads, did it make a clickin noise? Mine gets to where it sounds like a rock in the mesh area, but its all clear. When it just touch the brakes, it clicks badly. But my spur doesnt seem to have any teeth missin or shortened. The mesh is set almost perfect, just a very little tick between teeth. U think i need to upgrade to that setup grip?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast