Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man, you got bit by the upgrade bug hard! Nice list there. Keep an eye on temps the first time out with that 3800 and make sure it agrees with your driving style and environment.

Have fun!

No more upgrading for me... $800 in and im not even half way through toughing my p4de up for the long haul, finally realized the money i've spent, I've could have upgraded my 5yr old PC for that. Thats It, Stick A Fork In Me, Im Done
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

RC Enthusiast
    Haha yea that's a lot of money but also great fun when putting it together, and still you can land or crash it in a way that everything (including reinforced parts) will break, then you'll wonder if you should buy 5pcs 8$/pc part instead of one for 40$

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post
    CC Mamba X ESC with 3800 1410 1Y
    Iíd use that motor in a light weight 2wd truck but not the P4de. I use the Mamba Monster X with 1512-2650kv motor. I think you may have too little of a motor there.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    Started having a problem with my rear diff. It keeps skipping and makes a loud clicking sound. I have taken apart the diff and all seems well, replaced the gears with the 6882x kit and 100k oil. I can only figure the diff housing has warped or some crack in it I can not see. Anyone had this problem before?
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    I’d use that motor in a light weight 2wd truck but not the P4de. I use the Mamba Monster X with 1512-2650kv motor. I think you may have too little of a motor there.
    I think you could be right, as it seems to have about the same power as my sons 4x4 VXL, both on 2s. Haven ran it on 3s, yet, lol. So far on 2s it pretty awesome temps have been <140.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If the diff looks good I'd get a new spur and set your mesh again. I had a similar issue and that fixed it.

RC Competitor
    My spur and pinion are perfect, it is the rear diff. I have comfimered that much, I just don’t know what parts to start replacing first.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    I’ve ordered parts I think will build the XO-1 diff equivalent , hope this does it. Also the housing and new bearings.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Found the problem with the rear end, the pinion and ring gears where all wrong for brushless power. Swapped it with my Slash 4x4 rear end and it’s good now.

Now I’ve got a lot of vibration in the truck that I’m not sure where is coming from, either it’s the wheels or the rear end barrings. The MIP axels are heavy, maybe they put extra stran on the bearings.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Took the stampede out today and it did very well. However my motor the newCastle 3800 got very hot. Is this due to all the extra weight I’ve got now? I was running 2s, pretty hard. Still have a bit of vibration around the diffs at high speeds. I have some new ceramic bearings I can put in but I would like to know your thoughts first.

Help!
    Stampede 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Took the stampede out today and it did very well. However my motor the newCastle 3800 got very hot. Is this due to all the extra weight Iíve got now? I was running 2s, pretty hard. Still have a bit of vibration around the diffs at high speeds. I have some new ceramic bearings I can put in but I would like to know your thoughts first.

Help!
    What's your gearing? How hot? Do you have a temp gun? Wonder if your diff case is damaged.

RC Competitor
    It was 200+ F with Fluke 62 IR Thermometer, a very nice temp gun. 14/54 pinion/spur. Could be the housing, just got the new housing in today so I’m going to put that in, new ceramic bearings and do the 6882x mod to this rear diff. I took this rear diff and diff pinion gear from the new slash 4x4 to see if it would work, it did. I haven’t added the 6882x to it yet. I hope that it because I’ve put a lot of money into this truck and would hate to see this vibration tear it apart. I losened the motor gear mesh and that released a lot of the tension on the drivetrain, but that was before the run.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It was 200+ F with Fluke 62 IR Thermometer, a very nice temp gun. 14/54 pinion/spur. Could be the housing, just got the new housing in today so Iím going to put that in, new ceramic bearings and do the 6882x mod to this rear diff. I took this rear diff and diff pinion gear from the new slash 4x4 to see if it would work, it did. I havenít added the 6882x to it yet. I hope that it because Iíve put a lot of money into this truck and would hate to see this vibration tear it apart. I losened the motor gear mesh and that released a lot of the tension on the drivetrain, but that was before the run.
    200+ is waaaayyyy too hot. How long did it take to get that hot. I would've thought mesh was too tight but you ruled that out. Something definitely has to be dragging or binding. That gearing seems a little tall for 2S but not 200+ tall

RC Competitor
    I got it all sorted out now, and thank God! I was getting upset.
    So I’m 99% sure it is from the non-VXL front and rear diffs (pinion/ring gears, and no 6882x). I started buy completely tearing apart the rear end and replacing everything! Replace: Rear diff housing, bearings, and pinion/ring gear. Also took part the diff that was taken from the slash and installed the 6882x kit. All Boca ceramic bearings. Carefully and methodically put it all back together as perfect as you can get. Ran it up and the rear was butter smooth but now I could see that the front was vibrating bad too. So I did the same in the front, swapped front diff w/ pinion&ring gears from the slash 4x4 [NOTE: I now see that the brushless models come with a better diff ting&pinion in both front and back]. Installed the Boca ceramic bearings in everyplace at the front here too. Carefully put it all back to getter and extra attention to the diff out drive & MIP Drive shaft attachment just like the rear. Took me all night but it’s **** perfect, silky smooth and FAST! I think it came down too the smaller pinion gears in front and rear. Burned through a 2s 5000mah 30C pack and temp was 140 in the hottest spot.

I am now pleased with the build, will be adding some lights and that should do it.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Truck has been doing very well but today I broke the input shaft of the slipper. There are no upgrades to this part, could have been cracked but I didn’t see any evidence of that. 3s provides a lot of power, guess I’ll have to be more careful.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    I love love my truck, such a beast! Sure she is a little on the dirty side but that's because I tKe it out a couple times a week.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/SAl3kPfiyEHWQQ9q2
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    FYSA, The link posted to the ESC above is showing a 60A ESC on ebay. Don't get that one. I think he meant the HW SC-8 120A ESC (which is awesome)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by korelinlakes View Post
    FYSA, The link posted to the ESC above is showing a 60A ESC on ebay. Don't get that one. I think he meant the HW SC-8 120A ESC (which is awesome)
    I already have the Castle Mamb X, Iím all set in that department. Iíve read some think this combo with 3800 brushless Castle motor to be underpowered. I have not found that to be the case, itís plenty and Iíve been running 3S 7400mah 75C packs back to back and temperatures stay 160 or less. Wheelies on command and certainly fast enough for bashing. Happy with it. I guess if speed runn g is your thing then maybe.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Glad the combo is working well for you. Mamba x is for sure a really nice esc. If your motor is this: NEU-CASTLE 1410-3800KV then you might want to keep a close eye on the temps in summer or hard bashing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by korelinlakes View Post
    Glad the combo is working well for you. Mamba x is for sure a really nice esc. If your motor is this: NEU-CASTLE 1410-3800KV then you might want to keep a close eye on the temps in summer or hard bashing.
    Whats NEU-Castle? my motor is Castle Creations 1410-3800ky 1Y. I have a very nice Fluke 62 Max IR Temp. gun and so far with daytime highs here ~70 motor only reaches 160 at the hotest spot. This gun is REALLY sweet, can tell the the MAX, MIN, and/or DIFFerance of tempurature while holding the gun. So I can just hold it down and slowly scan over the whole motor and the display will tell me the MAX temperature it found.
    Now that's 160F and playing very rough if you know what I mean. ESC doesn't have any issues, it only reaches ~120 MAX. I had a 14t pinion and temps would get close to 180+. So I ordered a Robinson Racing Absolute hardened 11t pinion and work much better with 3S. I can run 2S with 14t and its still really fast but 3S has better run time and just more power. The 14t had too much speed anyway, it was crazy. I couldnt touch the throttle without throwing the front wheels up.

Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Bummer though a wire broke on the motor sensor harness and I need a new one.

So she is fast, rolls silky smooth, doesn't bottom out on hard bumps, chassis doesn't roll in turns with out stabilizers, steering holds/ doesn't give in even when wheels hook up hard. I love the truck. I wish I could turn my slash into a basher kind of like this one. I honestly cant find a single thing I could improve, really. Maybe you guys could help me there.

Dont tell anyone but I might get my son the Castle 1415 2400kv, Mamba X combo for my sons birth day and get my wife to pay for it, LOL. Then when I install it, take out my 3800kva and put it in my sons truck. Put the 2400kv in mine, sshhh! No one will notice. He will have a motor "like daddy has" and Ill have a bigger motor, all thanks to Mommy.
    Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Just realized those are the first photos I have posted of my truck here.

Here are some taken just after I got it all together.

Stampede 4X4

RC Competitor
    Looking good! The 2400kv castle looks like it will be a beast!!! I can't see your wheels that well in the pics, do you have Traxxas serrated aluminum nuts, or 17mm hexes? If not, I would highly recommend them for 3s bashing. The steel nuts that come with the truck have dull serrations have backed out on me, causing the wheel hex to strip out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12