RC poster

T-Maxx Body USHRA Silver Paint ?

Hi all,

Got a T-Maxx 3.3 with a 49165 USHRA Silver special edition body, wanted to get another one but can not find one here in Sweden, the only one available is the 4916X body which is exactly the same with the graphics but requires the silver paint. The problem is I can't seem to find that dark silver paint anywhere, does anyone know which color it is ?

I was thinking of applying a regular metallic silver and then backing it with black !!?? What do you think ?, would appreciate som help.

Regards,

servalac

Back silver with white... Not black...
    Tamiya paints seem to work best for me.

You can find the silver body at https://www.rcplanet.com/bodies-acce...SABEgIrDfD_BwE
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC poster
    The idea of using a black backing color instead of the usual white was to achieve the darker silver. I do like the Tamiya paints as well but even they don't seem to have that dark silver on their PS color chart.
    Thanks for the link, good price but the shipping rate to europe kinda kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by servalac View Post
    The idea of using a black backing color instead of the usual white was to achieve the darker silver. I do like the Tamiya paints as well but even they don't seem to have that dark silver on their PS color chart.
    Thanks for the link, good price but the shipping rate to europe kinda kills it.
    Try using an extremely light coat of black first, almost like creating a dust-like coverage, then hit it with silver. That's what I do. Works much better than backing it with black.
    All Lives Matter

There is also window tint available that is designed to darken but not completely opaque the plastic.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    There is also window tint available that is designed to darken but not completely opaque the plastic.
    That's cool, gotta link handy?
    All Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    That's cool, gotta link handy?
    Tamiya PS-31

Guess they call it "smoke", not window tint, but the effect has to be the same.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC poster
    Thanks. I have ordered some more Tamiya paints, including the PS-31 Smoke, going to try 4-5 layers smoke and then back it with silver to get some darker silver tone

Quote Originally Posted by servalac View Post
    Thanks. I have ordered some more Tamiya paints, including the PS-31 Smoke, going to try 4-5 layers smoke and then back it with silver to get some darker silver tone
    Let's see some pics when you've got it painted....
    All Lives Matter