RC poster

E-Maxx 3906 motor upgrade

Hi guys. I've had my old E-Maxx 3906 for over 10 years now and absolutely love it. My last few runs I've noticed a bad electronic smell and today it looks like my one motor died. What would be my best option at upgrading my motors? I'd like to if possible go for a pair of brushless motors but I'm not sure what to go for. Will I need to change my old stock Evx esc or can I get new motors that it can run? I'm currently running the standard 76t 32p spur gear with 20t pinion gears.
    Thanks

RC poster
    Iv'e been doing some looking up on Amazon, a cheaper alternative would be to swap out both motors for one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Titan...70_&dpSrc=srch
    Has anybody done this before?

RC Racer
    as far as money spent just go and do a brushless upgrade, I have the 3905 model and put in the HobbyWing M1 Brushless 1/8 Combo and bought the program card to go with it, very nice set up to. I did add 17mm hexs to.

RC Champion
    I've been running a 775 Titan motor/EVX-2 with 7 cell packs in my old 3906 for nearly five years now and I'm still having a complete riot with the old beast. Still running the two speed trans and the old school 2 screw diffies but up-graded pretty much everything else to 3905 spec.

And the best part, the only problem it ever gives me is replacing the slipper pegs once a year. Still my all time favorite Traxxas 4x4 !!!!
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx