RC poster

what driveshafts should I get

Hello recently I have been breaking driveshafts in the rear of my 4x4 traxxas slash what is the best drive shafts for under $30 I only need 2 for the rear. My first thought was intigy but I did my research and turns out they are garbage. I also saw a brand called boom racing. what brand should I get

If this helps I dont need anything crazy because the part that is breaking is where the stub axle connects to the driveshaft
    Last edited by cjleh757; 11-12-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Welcome he the Traxxas forums.

Spend more and get MIP X-Duty axles.
    Probably the last axles you’ll ever buy.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    yes I do know they are really good but I am doing rc on a budget, lol. any other suggestions.

RC Qualifier
    Being cheap at first will cost you more in the long run. Id highly recommend just spending the few extra bucks and invest in some mip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    slash 4wd upgraded

what driveshafts should I get

Quote Originally Posted by sgibby88 View Post
    Being cheap at first will cost you more in the long run. Id highly recommend just spending the few extra bucks and invest in some mip.

Quote Originally Posted by cjleh757 View Post
    yes I do know they are really good but I am doing rc on a budget, lol. any other suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Welcome he the Traxxas forums.

Spend more and get MIP X-Duty axles.
    Probably the last axles youll ever buy.
    All solid advice here. There's a member here that has had the same mip x duty axles for 6 years if I remember correctly! I run x duties in both slashes and they have been flawless for me and my crazy bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxBash View Post
    All solid advice here. There's a member here that has had the same mip x duty axles for 6 years if I remember correctly! I run x duties in both slashes and they have been flawless for me and my crazy bashing.

You are correct! I have been running the same set of MIP X-Duty axles since 2011! They are still going strong
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    I got about 4 years on my x duties and only problem Ive ever encountered was I managed to break a ball end. Something happened on my end though. They are very solid and I recommend them all the time

slash 4wd upgraded

RC Racer
    I have only had my tekno driveshafts for about 2 months but happy with them so far. I don't bash or run 3s so if that's your thing perhaps get the mip's. Atleast for the rear

RC Racer
    MIP X-Duty all the way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get the xduty

You say you are on a budget, but spening $30, the $30 later when those break, is more than just getting the x duty now.

It's a toy car, mine have sat for years, because I didn't have it in my budget tofix them.

RC Qualifier
    X-Duties are about as strong as they get. I currently use the XO-1 6mm Shafts with Rustler Males for my Pro-Trac Slash and it handles 2s on the track and 3s speed runs. I also have a brand new set of X-Duties/Traxxas Blue Aluminum carriers/Avid Revolution Bearings with longer Males for the Pro-Trac arms that I ended up not using due to weight since I race my Slash. I should probably sell those to recoop some of my money haha.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

MIP X Duty axles are what you want as others are saying.
    You will break more standard axles.
    You won't break MIP X Duties.
    Most cost effective thing you will buy.
    Buy once and forget about replacing them for ever.

RC Enthusiast
    I have read a number of threads and things over the years (not years my time, years past based on thread dates) that claim the X-Dutys will rub on the ultimate slash. Is this still the case or have MIP done something about this? Honestly, that is really the only thing holding me back from purchasing MIPs. I don't mind spending the money or adding the weight because I am not racing, but I will be crashing (not on purpose)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the old ones did, the new ones don't rub when properly installed with the spavers that are provided

I run my x duties with aluminum carriers with no issues

crashing sucks, it gets expensive when a 6+ pound land missle hits stuff @ 45 mph

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    the old ones did, the new ones don't rub when properly installed with the spavers that are provided

I run my x duties with aluminum carriers with no issues

crashing sucks, it gets expensive when a 6+ pound land missle hits stuff @ 45 mph
    +1 I haven't had any issues with my aluminum hub carriers and I run X-duties as well. It is key thought that you install the axles with the spacers, otherwise you will have issues.

And lol, isn't that the truth. ^
    "Gone racing"

RC Enthusiast
    I accidentally ordered them on purpose. This is a first timers car so any other accidental purchases I should make on purpose are welcome.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-15-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Look forward to years of faithful service from them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleeon View Post
    I have read a number of threads and things over the years (not years my time, years past based on thread dates) that claim the X-Dutys will rub on the ultimate slash. Is this still the case or have MIP done something about this? Honestly, that is really the only thing holding me back from purchasing MIPs. I don't mind spending the money or adding the weight because I am not racing, but I will be crashing (not on purpose)
    Run them on my ultimate with the spaces supplied no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed freak #1 View Post
    Run them on my ultimate with the spaces supplied no problems at all.
    Yep! No issues at all.

Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleeon View Post
    I accidentally ordered them on purpose. This is a first timers car so any other accidental purchases I should make on purpose are welcome.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Tekno bog bone driveshaft and outdrives.

Alloy caster blocks and c hubs for the front. Alloy rear hubs. All from Proline, STRC or Traxxas.

Alloy shock caps for stock plastic shocks.
    If using the stock ultrashocks the heavy duty shock shafts from Traxxas are worth the effort.

Alloy motor mount from King Headz.
    Alloy slipper bearing adapter also from King Heads.

From there we could just go on and on.
    Last edited by Trentbaby65; 11-20-2017 at 08:38 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    X duty and fugget about it!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    X-Duties are about as strong as they get. I currently use the XO-1 6mm Shafts with Rustler Males for my Pro-Trac Slash and it handles 2s on the track and 3s speed runs. I also have a brand new set of X-Duties/Traxxas Blue Aluminum carriers/Avid Revolution Bearings with longer Males for the Pro-Trac arms that I ended up not using due to weight since I race my Slash. I should probably sell those to recoop some of my money haha.
    How much longer are the Rustler males?

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cjleh757 View Post
    Hello recently I have been breaking driveshafts in the rear of my 4x4 traxxas slash what is the best drive shafts for under $30 I only need 2 for the rear. My first thought was intigy but I did my research and turns out they are garbage. I also saw a brand called boom racing. what brand should I get

If this helps I dont need anything crazy because the part that is breaking is where the stub axle connects to the driveshaft
    Imo if you have no intention of racing and weight is of no concern mips are probably going to be the toughest.
    I have a set and they do what they are supposed to do.
    That said there not my favorite axle, I prefer Tekno for weight and balancing but also like the Traxxas CVD's, in fact I like the Traxxas brands looks the best.
    Thing is none of the three are much different in price and the Traxxas CVD's while strong are no match for the Tekno or Mip brand.
    Tekno come with bearings and carriers but there plastic and most people want to keep their aluminum parts (Carriers and Caster Blocks).
    I have to agree with most everyone else that in the long run Mip's will probably save you cash since you should never need to replace them.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 08-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.