RC poster

Unhappy Slash 4X4 Chassis Concern

Hi everyone. I'm a little new to this sight so if this question is stupid I'm sorry. Sometimes I'm a little paranoid. I recently was disassembling my traxxas slash 4X4 and put the chassis in a rack to let the standing water fall of of it and dry. next morning I found it on the floor face down. I dropped about a little more than 4 feet. I looked at it and everything seemed to be fine, but I'm wondering if I need to worry about anything. Do you think the electronics will be fine? Thanks! Also the antenna tube and the metal part inside of It is a little bent. do I need to only replace the attend tube or do i also need to replace the antenna itself?

Sorry for being paranoid...

RC Qualifier
    I would think the electronics should be fine. The easiest way is to put in a battery and see if everything works correctly. As for the antenna and tube, if the antenna is damaged in any way you should replace it as it will greatly affect the distance it will receive a signal from your transmitter. The antenna is part of the receiver so if it is damaged I would personally replace it. They are fairly inexpensive and are easy to change. If the tube is bent you could replace that as well to prevent damage to the new antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can probably just bend the antenna back, as for the drop...
    if it still runs as good as it did before then all is good! i dont think a 4ft drop would really hurt anything.
    if they are the stock electronics they will probably be just fine

edit: when posting it i didn't see chopperguy's response, he beat me to it lol
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC Qualifier

I think you will be fine.
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have driven mine off the roof of my house before... no issues..... if it isn't cracked or anything liek that, it's good to go

RC poster
    Thanks for all of the responses. they were quick!☺

RC Champion
    These trucks take abuse pretty well. A 4 foot drop shouldn't hurt a thing.
    -Super hopped MERV
    -Lidz by Skrizz

Quote Originally Posted by Cmcorday03 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm a little new to this sight so if this question is stupid I'm sorry. Sometimes I'm a little paranoid. I recently was disassembling my traxxas slash 4X4 and put the chassis in a rack to let the standing water fall of of it and dry. next morning I found it on the floor face down. I dropped about a little more than 4 feet. I looked at it and everything seemed to be fine, but I'm wondering if I need to worry about anything. Do you think the electronics will be fine? Thanks! Also the antenna tube and the metal part inside of It is a little bent. do I need to only replace the attend tube or do i also need to replace the antenna itself?

Sorry for being paranoid...
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

You will soon see exactly how much of a beating these trucks can endure
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!