RC Enthusiast

Constantly breaking driveshaft

I recently have been having issues with the stub axles snapping where the axle pin goes through the axle. Originally I was running Traxxas 6852R axles in the rear and then I snapped a stub axle in the rear so I switched over to the pro-line pro-spline axles. However, those also have broken in the same place right where the axle pin goes through the axle. They typically break if I am sliding from loose dirt to grass.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on axles that are less prone to breaking at the axle pin?

If I have to change the axle carriers as well then so be it, I'm tired of having to buy axles after only 5 hours of use.

I looked for replacement stub axles for the pro-line axles but it seems they are back ordered everywhere.

G'day.

Just like all the other posts, uograde to MIP X-Duty and you will not have to replace your axles ever again.

They are about $100 for a set of 4 (I paid $100AU in Australia from America)

A pair of normal ones here are $25 And after the 3rd set broke I'd had enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkybob View Post
    G'day.

Just like all the other posts, uograde to MIP X-Duty and you will not have to replace your axles ever again.

They are about $100 for a set of 4 (I paid $100AU in Australia from America)

A pair of normal ones here are $25 And after the 3rd set broke I'd had enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input! Would these be what you are referring to?

https://www.rcplanet.com/rc-parts/r-...-4x4-mip10130/

And will I need to change my axle carriers? I have the upgraded version of the stock ones, the aluminum ones from traxxas, part number 1952X?

Loosen your slipper
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if it is the axles nad not the driveshaft, than MIP X duty are the most durable, can they break? yes, but they are the most durable. they are also 3x heavier than stock though.....

they will work just fine with the aluminum knuckles -- I have them on mine with the MIPs

Do I even need to say my spiel? I have had the same set of MIP X-Duty axles since 2011! They are the best investment you can make in axles.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!