RC poster

2wd Nitro Slash spinnin out.

I just got a 2wd Nitro Slash, and I'm having an issue with it spinning out. If I try to make tight turns on the track, it seems like no matter how careful you are with the throttle the truck ends up spinning. Right now it is completely stock. I also have a proble on long straight with the truck blowing over back words. Any help on set up would be greatly appreciated.

Try different tires. Cut a hole in the back of the body so it does not act like a parachute (common issue with most SC bodies).
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Cut Square hole's in the front & rear of your body it will solve your parachute issue also it will keep your engine cooler too "When I was into Nitro before I converted to electric all my bodies had holes in the front & rear" As for your tires try a different set some tires do not do well on different surfaces. For example if you do a lot of pavement running you should have on a set of street tires or if your off road running you should have a tire with a good tread pattern. I use Pro Line's Super Swampers & Badlands myself both tires perform well in many off road surfaces. Also being a little more easy on the throttle @ stand still starts will help as well you wont break loose the tires & burn out or spin out for the 1st 10-20ft LOL... My Step-Son loves doing this & than he wonders why I am 20ft ahead of him in races cause he's busy either spinning out or cant Grab Traction I tell him because he mashes the throttle full on & does not give his tires a chance to Grip I use the Roll into the throttle method myself
    Last edited by grave75; 11-22-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crash0577 View Post
    I also have a problem on long straight with the truck blowing over back words. Any help on set up would be greatly appreciated.
    This is usually a problem at high speeds on pavement. Along with good throttle control I minimized
    this with droop limiters on my front arms, I used zip ties. This truck has serious power, espescially
    when the pipe comes on, you need to be ready.

RC poster
    What are droop limiters?

what i did to make my nitro rustler quit spinning out was i used the biggest clutch bell and the tallest tires i could find. it still spins the tires for a long ways and you can hardly keep the front end on the ground. I suppose that's just the price you pay for having a 3.3 in a 2wd truck.
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

Quote Originally Posted by crash0577 View Post
    What are droop limiters?
    Here's a read on droop limiters. >droop
    I use less droop on pavement, more on dirt.