Thread: Slash 4x4

RC poster

Slash 4x4

I just got a new slash 4x4 monastery energy truck i cannot find the truck on the traxxas site it does not have tsm or id so I was wondering what one I had I was also wondering what the weak parts on it

Pretty sure all the new Traxxas trucks are iD equipped. Can you post pics so we can see what ya got? You'll need a pic host like imgur.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

May I please ask where you bought the truck from? Pictures would help a lot.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    I got the truck for free from monster energy I will up load pictures in the am what are some of the weak points of the slash ?

RC Qualifier

If itís the 4x4 it should be this one which I also got recently. Itís an odd ball in a way in that it came with a brushed motor, itís geared 11/54 so you will find it is not very fast. I already put in a brushless set up that I had for my 2wd and regeared it, I also put on a set of proline powerstroke shocks. I took it to a race Saturday and broke a caster block/ bearing carrier. I will upgrade those to the aluminum Traxxas ones that come on the slash ultimate I believe. I would say if you donít upgrade the motor you probably wonít break anything, also you may want to sell the body and wheels separate as they go for decent money on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yes this is the exact one i got this for my son he's 2 but it's a little bit too big and fast for him so I was thinking about getting him a smaller scale short course truck i would like to make this one a little bit faster nothing crazy any ideas ? What Motor set up I should get and gearing ?

RC poster
    Yes this is the exact one i got this for my son he's 2 but it's a little bit too big and fast for him so I was thinking about getting him a smaller scale short course truck i would like to make this one a little bit faster nothing crazy any ideas ? What Motor set up I should get and gearing ? And all are the parts the same for all the 4x4 slashes ?

RC Qualifier
    how did you get it from monster?

RC poster
    My sister got it one of her clients is monster energy

RC Qualifier

Slash 4x4

Traxxas has the VXL brushless which is good and on lipo batteries either 2s or 3s will make a huge difference in performance. Castle is another popular option for these. I believe stock gearing for the brushless system is 13/54, I have mine at 16/54 right now. Other then that if your going to leave it mostly stock I would recommend aluminum shock caps as the stock plastic are known to pop off when jumping.

RC poster
    Ok thank you guys you have been a lot of help if I have any other questions I will ask

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Flores702 View Post
    My sister got it one of her clients is monster energy
    jealous lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterfree View Post
    how did you get it from monster?
    can she get any more bodies lol I'd love a BJ Baldwin body for my Slash

RC poster
    No she just randomly get stuff like that

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Basically, it is the low level, slash 4x4

RC poster
    Hey guy I was wondering if atomik parts are any good iam looking for green aluminium parts and can't seem to find any

RC Qualifier
    Donít have a lot of experience with atomik parts, that said most will agree aluminum parts are good for caster blocks, bearing carriers etc... But most shy away from using aluminum for a-arms and parts like that. You do want some flex to keep from bending and breaking things. RPM is what most will upgrade to when Traxxas parts fail and they do have green!
    What parts are you planning to upgrade?

RC poster
    Ok I wasn't looking to up grade my arms to aluminium I was just looking for like shock caps mounts and like little stuff like that I have seen the green arms from rpm i just want to kinda match my body and give it some color

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas has green aluminum shock caps.

RC poster
    Thanks for all the info

RC Qualifier
    You may find my video guides useful?

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ur-Traxxas-4X4!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Atomik is just slightly above integy quality. That said, it is pretty hard to screw up a caster block.

Stay away from aluminum arms. And don't get carried away with I have to make it all green syndrome.

I am really not a fan of RPM anymore, I have several sets of bent arms. They do flex, but can't support the weight of the vehicle. Leading to the bent arms, but erratic and random, undesirable handling characteristics