RC poster

Stampede 4x4 VXL wheels

So I run my traxxas stampede vxl on 3s lipo and it has so much power it bores out the hex hole in the wheel. Does anyone know of metal wheels and tires that will fit the stampede or something else I can try to solve this problem? The slipper clutch isnít that tight so I donít want to loosen that up anymore.

RC Competitor
    I had this issue with my p2de, are you tires tightened down far enough? I ran one tire loose and it got destroyed so after that I bought metal hex's and haven't had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by CJTRX View Post
    I had this issue with my p2de, are you tires tightened down far enough? I ran one tire loose and it got destroyed so after that I bought metal hex's and haven't had an issue since.
    So maybe you can answer my question. You said you replaced the hex nut with metal and have had no problems since. Were your nylon hex nut's rounding off and not the wheel? I ask because I replaced my drive shafts with MIP X duty which have the metal hex nut. I have been working on my p4de and have not taken her out for a spin yet.
    Choose Life !!!

if its you wheels getting striped you can get some of this( https://www.amazon.com/BSI-BSI-202-Q...ct_top?ie=UTF8 ) and just glue plastic hexes into the stipped wheel it worked for me pretty well but it makes it hard to take the wheels on and off but its cheaper then new wheels or hexes
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC poster
    I have the traxxas metal hex pieces but that’s not the problem. It’s the plastic hole where the hex fits into on the wheel. And glue doesn’t work. And I have the tire on as tight as I can without breaking anything.

RC poster
    Here’s a picture... https://imgur.com/a/2blOU
    Last edited by BennyRacing; 11-26-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyRacing View Post
    I have the traxxas metal hex pieces but thatís not the problem. Itís the plastic hole where the hex fits into on the wheel. And glue doesnít work. And I have the tire on as tight as I can without breaking anything.
    I kind of thought that was the case. Be nice if I could come up with a way to re-enforce the wheel hub. I have seen some videos of guys putting epoxy inside the wheel and stick the hex nut in covered in aluminum foil. Of course I would not call this a permanent fix but surely a good temp fix. I guess the only perfect fix is the 17 mm hex kit. Don't like the thought of having to buy all new wheels....
    Got to be a way to fix this problem with the 12mm. I will have to think hard on this one.....I have seen many vids on people that change to 17mm hex adapters and ungluing tires for new wheels and have not seen one I like yet. I have an idea though. I deal with a guy that owns a plastic company. I am sure he knows of the best method for un-gluing something.
    Last edited by lektro; 11-26-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyRacing View Post
    And glue doesnít work.
    this isint glue, its epoxy. have you tried epoxy? it becomes almost as hard as the wheel itself(at least the one i recommended) it has held up for quite awhile now on my 2wd stampede (runs on brushless and 3s lipo)
    also, if you do epoxy a hex in the wheel use a plastic one if you can because this stuff is pretty much permanent!
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

Quote Originally Posted by broitsseth View Post
    this isint glue, its epoxy. have you tried epoxy? it becomes almost as hard as the wheel itself(at least the one i recommended) it has held up for quite awhile now on my 2wd stampede (runs on brushless and 3s lipo)
    also, if you do epoxy a hex in the wheel use a plastic one if you can because this stuff is pretty much permanent!
    OH sorry man! I was talking about ungluing tires if I change to 17mm hex adapters. I have worked with different types of epoxy all my working life. As a matter of fact. I run a sign department at a university and use it quite often. Used the type that turns to a metal like harness a couple of weeks ago. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by broitsseth View Post
    I haven’t tried epoxy. I have to order some maybe and see if it holds up.