RC Competitor

Drop in motor or modified drop in motor

Hey folks I havent been on rhe forum in a while got caught up with life. I still haven't finished my truggy yet I had originally decided on the cc sidewinder 1/8th with 1515 2200 kv combo. I'm still open to getting that knowing the modifications that has to be done. So since its been a while are there any drop in option that would be comparible to the 1/8th system. Thanks folks I will probably stay on 4s b/c I have a rustler for my normal driving around. This 4pede will be my wow truck

If you have not already purchased. I think I would go with the Castle MambaX with the 2650kv motor. I have the 2650 in my rustler and the 2200 in my p4de. The 2200 is a huge can and you will have to do many mods for fit. You will need to grind down the chassis under the motor quite a bit. More than likely need a new motor mount and plate. I purchased the Integy motor mount and plate and have to admit. Its a pretty tough combo, even though some would call it junk. Trust me it is not. You will also have to move the ESC and receiver to different locations. you probably already know you will need to beef up most of the drive train parts. Just to let you know a few. Here is my setup with the 2200kv motor.

Just my 2 cents. All I have experience with is Traxxas and Castle. Am sure you will get many options from some of the other guys.
    Last edited by lektro; 11-24-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    So is the 2650 a direct drop in or u have to mod also

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Heat77 View Post
    So is the 2650 a direct drop in or u have to mod also
    Same mods as i just checked for you. Esc Will have to go where the receiver is and vice-a-versa
    Choose Life !!!

The CC 2650kv is a beast, well worth it the price of admission... but im not too fond of that new style motor wire connections, out in the open, i prefer the old style where the wires were connected on the inside, much safer IMO.

Chassis mod - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYt1AKQVf2E
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Unlike the rest of the gents here, I prefer the 2200 over the 2650.

Its a beast on 4S. Have fun!
    "Gone racing"

RC Competitor
    Ok thanks folks I will continue to look at the sidewinder 8th combo. I saw some people talking about the gool rd motors saying they were good motors at a bargain. Does anybody know if its comparible to th cc 2650

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Heat77 View Post
    Ok thanks folks I will continue to look at the sidewinder 8th combo. I saw some people talking about the gool rd motors saying they were good motors at a bargain. Does anybody know if its comparible to th cc 2650
    They make a 2650. The 2600 is a 550 can. The 2650 is larger and more powerful. I have the 2600 and am very impressed with it.

RC Competitor
    Thanks grip I will check it out and see how it is. What is the max battery it can take

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4S here's some more words so I can respond