RC Qualifier

stock battery question

I have been cycling my four batteries now on a monthly basis to keep them in good working order. I haven't been able to fly much at all this year due to personal responsibilities. I basically had to back out of the hobby, helicopters included, to help out while my parents recover from illnesses.

I cycled my 4000mah batteries last night, they were fine. when I went to cycle my original 3000mah batteries, one cycled fine, but the original 3000ah battery that came with the Aton would not. this is the one that was puffed a little out of the box and came with the Aton, but always worked fine. it doesn't seem to be any more puffed then it was, but when I hooked it up to my EZ peak dual charger and pushed the start button to charge it... the red 4A light only came on and the charger gives a single tone and the light flashes? I checked the battery using my lipo battery meter and it is completely dead. I am guessing it has gone bad?

I considered trying to charge it using my thunder pro charger, but without a balance plug, I am not sure it would be wise or safe to try it? even if I were able to "kick start" it that way, would it even be safe or reliable to fly?

should I just dispose of it?

thanks
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    what does the voltage read?
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    I doesn't read any voltage at all... It is completely dead. I know my meter works, because I used it to check the other three, and it read them fine. Never had a battery go completely dead like this. It kinda caught me off guard.

RC Qualifier
    I've "bumped started " my Black and Decker 20v lipo battery's with success before ..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidoo View Post
    I've "bumped started " my Black and Decker 20v lipo battery's with success before ..
    I have done this before on batteries that had weak or questionable cells, and was able to revive them. I've never pulled out a battery that went completely dead in all cells. I checked it on my other charger and it immediately gave a low voltage warning, so I am not going to risk it. I have three other batteries to fly with and will just have to cycle them on a bi-weekly basis rather than monthly.