RC Enthusiast

Question use 2 nimh instead of one 11.1volt lipo

hi i have a bandit vxl with flm extended chassie and since my second brand new traxxas lipo 11.1volts 6.400 mah has been like a big balloon. so i thinking if i can use 2 nimh 7.2 volt batteries is that possible and how should i wiring it up to esc.. i have seen some y split adapters but dont know what type i needed. i have traxxas id connector on my esc but the adaptertypes is parallel or serial?
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.

RC Enthusiast
    i have the vxl 3s esc and i reading in manual that do not exceed maximum input voltage of 20volts so it should be fine but has anywone test it before i do it
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.

I have never seen where anyone has tried using 2 nimh batteries. I don't see why you could not. Don't take that to heart though. If you do, parrallel will give you more run time but not faster. If you use a series adapter, you will get faster speeds and probably less run time.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    well now i learned i brought 2 of nimh and nothing happens it didnt start up at all. so one time lipos=always lipos im gonna bye a smaller lipo instead of the 6400mah when my short drive times never dicharge them before it starts puffy
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.